Chapter Twenty-Three

Minguk laughed. It took all of Namjoon's willpower not to punch him in the face, and he could tell that Hoseok was struggling to stay calm.

No one really knew it, but Namjoon did. Hoseok acted confident and unable to be hurt emotionally on the outside, but he really cared about his friends, and he depended on Yoongi a lot. Now that Yoongi had gone over... Namjoon wasn't sure how much longer Hoseok could hold it together before he went to pieces.

Meanwhile, Jimin raced over possibilities in his mind. Why would Voldemort be content with just Jungkook? What did Kookie offer that the most powerful dark sorcerer (of all time) couldn't get for himself? It seemed that in Minguk's body, Voldemort was powerful, extremely powerful. But maybe... Voldemort was being held back by Minguk's body... And he needed... Voldemort wasn't powerful enough... That's just it! Jimin gave a small gasp. Jungkook... Minguk... Voldemort...

Jimin pulled out his wand, lightning quick, and aimed at Minguk. He opened his mouth to shout a spell, any spell, but suddenly, Jimin froze.

Minguk stopped laughing, peering at Jimin curiously. "It seems the little one has figured something out. And he's trying to hurt me! How funny! Would you care to share your discovery with the rest of us?" He raised his hands, and suddenly, Jimin started to float.

Jungkook's eyes widened. "Minguk! I mean—Voldemort! Please don't hurt him!" Jimin wasn't supposed to find out. None of them are supposed to know. Only Yoongi...

Minguk laughed, tilting his head, back and forth, willing the air to bend to his will. Jimin came to a stop in front of him, and floated in the air, unable to move. Even his eyes were shaking. Voldemort scoffed. Pathetic.

He dropped the boy in a heap, and stepped over him. "Alright, as you wish, Itsy Bitsy Kookie. I have no use of him, even if he does know my plan." He smiled. "Now, don't keep me waiting! Come! I welcome you with open arms."

Jungkook took a deep, shuddering breath. He took a step forward.

Jimin's eyes were wild. "Kookie, you can't just give into his demands! You know what he wants! You know what's going to happen once Voldemort takes power! Jeon Jungko—"

Minguk held up his hand, and Jimin fell silent. "You should choose friends that make less noise, Kookie. I thought that Park Jimin, of all people, would understand, but sadly—" Minguk grinned, and flicked his hands to the side. Jimin's body followed the gesture, and he was hurled against a tree. Jimin did not move.

"He doesn't."

Jungkook had to bite his tongue to keep screaming. You'll pay for this, Voldemort. 

"Come on, Kookie. I haven't got all day!" Voldemort was practically giddy with anticipation. He would soon be risen... the most powerful wizard ever seen. The only thing he didn't like was that he was depending on one little brat to help. Jeon Jungkook... yes, Voldemort would make sure that the brat died slowly when he was through with him.

Nayeon crossed the ground to where Hoseok stood. She put her wand to his head. "I would hurry, and walk a little faster if I were you, Jungkook. What if a killing spell slips out of my mouth?"

Jungkook clenched his fists, and walked still closer.

Namjoon was about to speak, but he looked at the hard determination in Jungkook's eyes, and stayed silent. The maknae had a plan. Whether it was a good plan or not... Namjoon hoped for all their sakes that it was a good one.

And then Jungkook was standing next to Minguk— his brother, but not. Voldemort started to laugh maniacally. His dark magic forced Jungkook down to his knees. Voldemort floated in the air, Minguk's body glowing purple. The Dark Lord gestured to his companions. "You know what to do," he said.