𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

B R I A N N A

B R I A N N A

I flicked my pen between my fingers, concentrating hard with the work I had been assigned by my professor. God, she could be such a bitch. Her comments were always so snarky when it came to the work I did. She was a good teacher, but her personality.... Well, it's questionable.

Looking up, I finally noticed the man sitting beside me and intently staring at me. His eyes were glossy, and he reeked of alcohol. My eyes followed the 4 bottles of beer beside him. Slowly, I closed the large textbook in front of me and looked towards the man. "Hi," I said. I was hesitant in the way I spoke. I didn't want to be rude to the man, especially since I had just met him. I gave him a little wave with my hand.

The man gave me an almost creepy smile. His wide-toothed grin seemed almost mischievous. "The name's Greg." He said, holding out a dirty and calloused hand for me to shake.

I nodded and kept a smile on my face as I shook the man's hand. There is no way in hell I am going to leave this bar with my hands unwashed. "Brianna," I replied as Greg continued to shake my hand longer than intended. I attempted to pull away, but his grip never faltered. I finally snatched my hand back as the bartender placed my coke on the surface of the bar countertop.

I turned away from the man and took a sip of my drink, not wanting to make any more conversation with him. I proceeded to pack my things in the small bag that laid only a few inches away from me. The man -Greg- just gave me weird vibes. The kind that sends shivers down your spine while your body warns you of another's bad intentions.

"Don't you look beautiful, tonight?" he said quietly, trying to make it sound like a compliment, but it just sounded creepy to me. Looking through my peripheral vision, I could see the man watch me through blue-gray eyes, looking up and down. "What's a young lady like you doing by yourself?"

Uh, no thank you, sir. I'm a minor

Okay, I'm 19 but still–

"Working, I have a test in the morning." I answered, trying to leave the conversation at that but his questions continued. My voice was ice cold, but I tried to keep my words as level as possible. I was really beginning to get ticked off by this guy. It was by the time that I finished my drink that he began to inch closer.

   "Are you going to school around here?" I ignored him at that time. He was asking too many personal questions that I didn't want to answer. He went on to talk about how gorgeous I looked and how it would be cool if we were to find ourselves going on a date. I shook my head softly, almost laughing at the thought of it.

That's just pedo talk, right there.

"Would you like to come outside with me? You know, get some fresh air." He asked and I looked at him nervously. I did not want to do that, especially since I didn't know him that well to go anywhere with him at all.