|| 𝐓𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝟏, 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐀 ||

𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐔𝐫𝐢𝐬

"Let's start with you Stanley. Stanley Uris. I thought we were best friends? What happened?"

The tallish, curly-haired boy walked over to Will.

"You okay? You're quiet." Will sighs, looking up at Stanley.

"I guess." Stan sits next to Will, placing a hand on top of his.

"I know, I kinda know how you feel. It's not nice being... well. In the background. But it's also kinda great. It means you don't have to bother getting into drama, and you can keep to yourself." Will smiles, looking over to the other eleven teenagers.

"We could be friends. Y'know, the two quietest, I feel like we could make a good friendship out of it." Stanley says, smiling at the grin on Will's face.

"We can, I would love to."

"I thought I could trust you. My deepest secrets were hidden between you and I. Why would you betray me? What did I do wrong?"

Will walked into the dreaded school. But it was off. There was no Mike, Richie or Stanley meeting him at the gate. Why? Will continued walking, seeing the three with the usual group of friends. Bill, Bev, Max, Ben, Mike, El, Lucas, Dustin and Eddie.

He approached, pulling that fake smile onto his face. He tapped Mike's shoulder, grinning. But that soon disappeared when the taller boy stepped away a little, a disgusted look on his face.

"Mikey? Did something happen?" The group turn to see Will, he looks around at them all. They all basically have the same expression apart from Richie. And Stanley.

"What's going on?" Will squeaks. No one says anything for a good three minutes. The teenagers looking amongst each other for someone to say something.

"You hate us, that's what's going on." Eddie speaks up. Will furrows his eyebrows at him. He has never been good with this type of thing, put on the spot, so tears started to brim to his eyelids.

"No I don't." Will whispers.

"You're gay too, you have a crush on Michael." Dustin then speaks. Will's head snaps towards Stanley, a hurt look on his face.

"You've been lying to us about everything." Lucas joins in.

"About what?" Will had officially started crying. With the help of all twelve pairs of eyes on him. It made him uncomfortable.

"About your sexuality, about our friendship. It's kinda gross Will, we don't want a faggot in our group. We don't want to be picked on too." Jane says, eyes darting around and landing on Will with a glare that could kill him. Everyone knew?

"Fuck you Stan. Fuck all of you!" Will storms off, tears flying out of his eyes as he thinks about what had just been said within the group.

"What did I do wrong Stanley? Did you not like the fact that I was gay? I could expose many of your secrets, and no one could do anything. 'Cause I'm dead. But I'm not like you, your secrets were always safe with me and always will be."

"But it wasn't fair Stan, those were my things to tell people."

"You told my mom, my brother, everyone. It was supposed to be my thing. It was up to me if and when I tell them. But you did it for me, when I wasn't ready. And everyone hated me because of it"

"Hey, are you okay?" Will turns on his heels, looking Richie dead in the face.

"Why do you care, Richie?" The taller boy looks down at his small friend, a frown set on his face.

"I've always cared, Will. And it's not fair that they all turned on you. But hey, I'm still here." Will shakes his head.

"Then they'll turn on you, I'm gay remember? I have a crush on your cousin?" Richie shrugs, looking around to see if people are listening.

"I don't care, I'm just like you Willy Wonka." Will furrows his eyebrows, looking down at his palms. His hands shaking, his body feeling a little weaker due to the crying.

"I'm bisexual, William." Will looks up, eyes wide. But a true, genuine smile spreads across his face.

"I wasn't alone. Thanks to you Stan, I still had someone. Someone I thought would have hated me the most."

But people started to look at Richie in a different way. He was hanging out with the gay kid. The fairy. The twink. William Byers.

So, Richie came out, told everyone he was bisexual. But it was different, people loved him still. Still wanted to be his friend.

Why not Will? Is it because he's an easy target?

But Richie stuck by his side, became the best friend Mike and Stanley never were. Became the person Will loved dearly.

"Not only did you hate me. But you made all my friends, my childhood friends, my step sister. My bestest friend against me. But I guess that's how it always was. You all loved each other so much and I. I was just... there. In the background, with no one to love me. Even though I loved all of you. So god damn much."

"But Richie was there, he told me he loved me, taught me that nothing else mattered. Because I had the best person to be by my side when none of you could."

"So. How does it feel Stanley? How does it feel to be one of the reasons I killed myself?"