|| 𝐓𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝟑, 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐁 ||

𝐌𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

"Maxine, why did you let it happen?"

Max had snuck in her friends, which meant, Richie had snuck Will in. Will really didn't want to be here after what happened at the last two parties he had been to. I guess you could say 'parties are not his thing'. Literally, they're not. Something always goes down.

"You knew how bad it would get, and you still let it happen to me. I guess it was kinda my fault too, but you could've stopped it."

The night went on, Billy hadn't caught any of the teenagers yet. Richie had stuck with Will the whole night, their 'friends' close by.

Will had been a bit more confused lately. He knew he was gay. But he didn't think he would start to fall for Richie.

"I knew I was obvious. I had always been obvious about Mike. But it was different this time, because he actually wasn't grossed out by it."

Will didn't think it was possible. But he kissed Richie. Richie kissed him. But everyone had saw.

"What. The. Fuck?!" Billy Hargrove shouts, storming over to the two boys. Will backs up a little, scared out of his mind. Richie steps in front of him, in a protecting way.

"Get out of my way Tozier." Richie shakes his head.

"I'm not letting him get hurt again." Will sighs in relief. Someone was actually there.

"He wanted to keep me safe. But he wasn't able to."

Billy grabbed Richie by his bicep, throwing him out of the way. He stumbles to the floor, Billy's friends grabbing him and taking him out of the house.

"I don't allow little fairies in my parties. And I definitely don't allow my sisters fake friends in." Billy growls, grabbing Will by the collar of his shirt. Will yelps, eyes frantically scanning Billy's face.

Billy punches him across the face, twice. He let's go of Will's shirt, dropping him on his ass. Will looks around, everyone was looking. But it hurt him most when his old friends were also staring.

"Not only did you let him hurt me, you all watched. Everyone watched little, weak William Byers get hurt. He could have killed me Max, and I thought you would have stopped your brother. But you just watched."

Billy kept hitting, punching and kicking Will. No one was stopping him. Everyone was silent, listening to Will's whimpers.

"Stop!" Mike runs over, pulling Billy off with all his strength.

"Not you too! I thought this fag had a crush on you Mikey." Mike sighs.

"He does, but I can't stand to see my best friend get hurt. I'll take him out, then this would stop. He won't ever come near you again. Just please don't hurt him anymore." Mike pleads.

"Fine, but I don't ever want to see this twink anywhere near me, my friends or my sister!" Billy spits, Mike nods.

He helps Will up, leading him outside.

"You okay?" Will looks up at Mike, scowling.

"Why do you care, Michael?" A frown sets on the taller boys face.

"I've always cared." That's what everyone says. But Richie said it, so maybe he means it too?

Will immediately starts crying, backing away from Mike.

"I guess I can thank you too. You made Mike my friend again. He cared again. But that doesn't fix what you did. We were so close, and one thing is said about me, you immediately hate me."

"I could have died, I mean. It wouldn't have mattered to anyone anyway. But I was hurt. And you didn't seem to care. Not only that, but I had to watch Richie get hurt too. He only wanted to help me, and he couldn't. He was stopped by your brother and his friends."

"Please, just let me help him! He doesn't deserve to he hurt anymore! He's had enough of that already! Just leave him alone, please!" Will listens to Richie's cries. And a punch to his face shuts him up completely.

"Shut the fuck up Richard. He does deserve this. He's gay." Richie looks up.

"So am I!" A laugh emits into the air.

"But people actually like you Rich, people would pay to see Billy beat him up, so just shut up and watch." Richie looks over to see Billy punching Will. He squeezes his eyes shut.

"No. No. No. No. No." It isn't fair, he had to watch his friend get beaten up.

"I heard him, he just wanted me safe, which is a first. 'Cause I've always been that person no one cares if they are okay or not. But I got to feel what it was like for someone to truly care for me."

"I guess I wouldn't want to know what it feels like to be one of the reasons for someone's pain. One of the reasons they killed themselves. So thanks Maxine. Thanks a fucking lot."