|| 𝐓𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝟑, 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐀 ||

𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐞 𝐁𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬

"Lonnie, my dad. Someone who was supposed to bring me up, help me when I'm sad. Make me smile, love me for me. But you wasn't even there. And when you were, it was different."

"I can't believe I was given a faggot for a son." The drunken man slurs, looking down at his ten year old son.

"The older I got, the worse it became."

The boys twelfth birthday wasn't all that great. His father had came home late, drunk like every night. Then stumbles into the boys room.

"You're a piece of shit! Y'know that?" Will looks up from his sketch, becoming nervous.

"Answer me faggot!" Will gulps, looking at his hands.

Lonnie storms over his son, slapping him across the face, harsh.

"I know I'm different, but you didn't have to take your drunken anger out on me. You always knew I was gay, and that's why you hurt me. You knew I wasn't like other boys, and you made sure that I knew too."

Before he walked out that door, he looked at his youngest son.

"I hope you know, you will never get anywhere in life. You're a pathetic fairy, with no one to love him. I'm glad I'm fucking leaving this place." And he walked out.

"You left with the cruelest words to me. I knew you didn't love me, but there was always hope that love was there. But it never was, and now I see that. You were and still are a lousy father. But it was different for Jonathan, right?"

Will watched as Jonathan and Lonnie ran around the field. They looked so happy. That thought always run through his head. Am I not good enough?

"You loved him so much. You watched him grow up. You did his hobbies with him. You never did that for me. You helped him through bad times, you made him smile. Why did you never do that for me?"

"Tomorrow, we can go down to the river and take pictures. Sound good Johnny Boy?" Jonathan nods, hugging his dad. He walks to his room, Lonnie looking over to the smaller boy.

"Quit staring at me, freak." Will sighs, making his way to his room. But Lonnie grabs him by his wrist.

"Did I tell you to leave? You need to stop doing that, William!" Will looks at him, furrowed eyebrows.

"Doing what?" Will squeaks. Lonnie chuckles.

"Walking away when I'm fucking talking to you!" Will's lip quivers, tears brimming his eyes.

Lonnie slaps him across the face, then punching him in the stomach. Will doubles over, groaning in pain. The tears fall from his eyes rapidly.

"Be a fucking man, William!" Will looks up, choking on his sobs.

"What if I can't dad?" Lonnie laughs, letting go of his son.

"Don't call me dad. You don't deserve to."

"So I stopped calling you dad. But why didn't I deserve to? I was your blood, your son. Yet, I didn't deserve to have a dad? I didn't deserve love? Or a real family?"

"I just wanted someone there, and I was expecting my dad to be that someone. But why was I expecting you to love me? Watch me grow? I didn't know why, until now. You were the one who didn't deserve to be called dad."

"I guess I was always a momma's boy. Maybe that's why I was weak and pathetic? Because the only one who showed me true love was my mother. And I guess that makes me a faggot? Because I actually cared about what she thought. She deserved everything, and god gave her you and me. A lousy husband, father and a faggot for a son."

"I won't call you that then!" Will chokes out, clutching his stomach.

"And he says something! But, it's too late. You will never be a man. You're a weak, pathetic excuse for a human. I wish I had had another child, maybe they could've made me proud."

"Maybe you could've been proud if it wasn't me. But you were stuck with me, so deal with it. Dad. I guess I didn't make you proud. Or maybe I did. Maybe you are proud."

"Proud that your gay son, killed himself because of you."