Chapter 190 - Getting Used to Loving Him

"Are you angry?" Jun Xuan Xiao asked in sign language.

    Shen Yu shook his head and said: "No, I just want to make it clear to you, you're already married, why do you need to be ambiguous with me? I can't possibly be with you either."

    Shen Yu will always carry the memory of that person, whether it is love or hate, he now has a vacant piece of his heart. It is impossible to devote oneself to another person in one's life. He even suspected that him having a good impression of the mute guard, was because certain parts of him are very much like that person.

    Stuck in his room for half a day, Shen Yu also thought about it.

    Instead of getting involved and entangled, it is better to make it clear.

    Jun Xuan Xiao didn't know how to reply for a brief period of time. He only thought of Shen Yu as his wife, but Shen Yu thought his heart belonged to someone else.

    He finally knows what it means to have a hard time communicating, not to mention that he can't speak now, even if he had a hundred mouths, he's still wouldn't be able to say anything to him.

    If he had known that this matter would make Shen Yu tangled up until now, he shouldn't have said anything about marriage that day. He felt unwilling and reluctant in deceiving Shen Yu, but the result has caused even more trouble.

    But it's better to be misunderstood than to be recognized.

    Even if it means distancing himself from Shen Yu, as long as it is by his side, Jun Xuan Xiao can only swallow the bitterness and accept it.

    "Okay, from now on, I will only perform my duties as an undercover guard, and not get close to you." Jun Xuan Xiao said in sign language.

    Shen Yu raised his head, did not expect him to agree so readily, and his heart was secretly agitated, it seems that even if he likes him, it is only just a little bit, right? He's been pondering about it for a while.

    "Can you eat now?"

    Jun Xuan Xiao finished his sign language, picked up the chopsticks on the table and gave Shen Yu dishes in his bowl, he clipped several leg pork meatballs and lifted the bowl to Shen Yu's mouth.

    Shen Yu spent a lot of energy riding in the morning, and was hungry for a long time. Jun Xuan Xiao was worried with Shen Yu's thin body, and he too had forgotten that he also stood outside the room for a long time and still hadn't gotten any grains of rice.

    Shen Yu froze for a moment, and some watery mist appeared in his eyes. He took the bowl and chopsticks, lowered his head and sullenly stifled a few mouthfuls.

    "I've already said that I don't need you to take care of me." Shen Yu said in a lumpy voice, "You don't have to do this deliberately in the future."

    Jun Xuan Xiao did not make any more gestures, he nodded gently, then got up and walked outside the room.

    "Hey! Guard big brother!"

    Shen Yu called out to him, Jun Xuan Xiao stopped in his tracks, he still expected Shen Yu to say something intimate.

    "In the future...be nice to your wife, half-heartedness hurts the most." Shen Yu exhorted, "I used to be...ugh, forget it, I know you're not the kind of person like him."

TN: 三心二意 - Three hearts and two minds or half hearted.

    ......

    When all is said and done, Shen Yu in the next few days was not looking for the mute guard to talk. Sometimes the mute guard was on the sidelines, and Shen Yu just treated him as air. More often than not, he went to practice horseback riding with the brothers Chu Ling and Chu Yi. He can't say his horse skills have improved by leaps and bounds, but he can already ride and run independently.

    Since the last time, Chu Yi was scared by the undercover guard. He have become taciturn, he is not as cheerful as he used to be, but he still keeps chattering. He always looks like he wants to ask Shen Yu something, but is stopped by Chu Ling's eyes.

    Shen Yu asked Chu Ling for a few maids and servants. Since he want to reduce his contact with the mute guard, he won't let the mute guard do the task, such as, serving the dishes, washing, and cleaning. With all the subordinates doing it, the mute guard will have a few opportunities to appear in front of Shen Yu.

    The mute guard is clumsy and unfamiliar with serving people. He used to learn to wash Shen Yu's clothes, and he accidentally tear the cloth. He couldn't clean up the dishes and chopsticks without dropping two or three a day, Shen Yu felt that it was abnormal.

    But with the help of a familiar servant, everything is in order, and Shen Yu actually felt uncomfortable.

    When he returns to the Qionghu house, there are obviously a few more maids in the courtyard. Shen Yu, however, felt as cold as if he had lost someone. He always felt that the mute guard would always be waiting in the courtyard and would be at his beck and call.

    The undercover guard has really become an undercover guard, he rarely shows up in the day, Shen Yu clearly knows that he is in the courtyard, but does not know what he is doing.

    Shen Yu patted his head every night to get rid of distracting thoughts, so he could easily fall asleep. The weather has reached its driest and hottest time. Shen Yu often woke up sweating and had to go to the bathroom to soak in cold water.

    The maids do things differently, they probably know what Shen Yu is going to do every day, and they always prepared it in advance. For example, if they prepare a bath that is half cold at night, the temperature is just right, it can be cool but not a cold bath water, and after taking a bath, when Shen Yu reach out there's always a set of clean clothes hanging on the screen.

    After Shen Yu fell asleep from the heat, Jun Xuan Xiao entered the room quietly, he replaced the ice basin that had melted in the corner of the room, and couldn't help but look at Shen Yu's sleeping face.

    He didn't know if him pretending was worth it, the Zhenbei King who once reigned over the Northern Region has fallen to today's useless state.

    Shen Yu probably doesn't need him anymore. He said that he didn't have to take care of him deliberately. In fact, he didn't do it deliberately, but he was just used to it.

    Just like getting used to loving him.