Stand up

"You've done that before, haven't you?" I questioned cautiously. 

I was curious to talk about the kiss now that father had left the room. He had gone to find Quince, as Quince would be the one to make the town aware about the wild boar pack which was most likely still close by.

"Is it that obvious?" She smiled desirably, and it took everything I had to not leap to her once more and experience those incredible feelings all over again.

"You've been with women?"

"Yes."

I was rather surprised, I had no idea that this was even something women did, let alone if it was allowed or not. She laughed heartily at my expression, and sat down on the dining table.

"I have never been with women outwardly, it's frowned upon." A devilish twinkle appeared in her eye. "More women have feelings for other women than you may think." She finished casually, looking directly at me for my reaction with a cheeky smile.

I thought I would be shocked, but instead another sense crept up on me. Was that jealousy? Why on earth was I thinking about all the other women that Lex had kissed at this moment, when I was still trying to recover from our own moment of weakness.

I squirmed under her hawk-like gaze, struggling to find a way to ask the questions I wanted to without sounding bitter.

"How many other girls have you kissed? I asked sheepishly and quietly, avoiding all forms of eye contact.

"Kissed? Too many to place a number, but I have been intimate with three."

"Been intimate with?" I asked innocently, genuinely confused.

Now she looked uncomfortable, and awkwardly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she struggled to find words. 

My eyebrows shot up in revelation and she nodded slowly.

"Oh..." I stuttered nervously. I hadn't even thought about being intimate, I mean my body certainly had, but I was so used to switching those thoughts off. I was taught that being intimate before marriage was improper, and so I hadn't really given it much attention.

"Have you-" she began, and I rapidly shook my head before she could finish.

"It's not right."

"It felt entirely right when we kissed, speaking for the both of us, I'm aware you enjoyed it as much as I," she grinned, folding her arms in triumph.

"I couldn't..." I insisted feebly, clearly lying, and she responded with a wry smile.

"Morgana, you can do as you please, you may be the Princess of Palestine, but who you share a bed with does not define your worth."

I gasped at her straightforwardness, and noticed my face redden as I took a step away.

"Rather prude for someone who kisses as ardently as you do," she winked again and I frowned, becoming tired of how awkward she was making me feel.

"Not a bad thing my lady, to me, women's attention is flattering, but yours means everything."

She took hold of my forearm and pulled me towards her, brazen-faced. 

"I hope my feelings for you aren't one sided, I would be rather embarrassed-"

I faltered her by placing another kiss on her soft lips, my boldness catching me off guard. What was this woman doing to me? 

She returned the kiss eagerly, and widened her legs so I could stand between them easier. With her hands on my hips, and my hands on her face, a feeling of bliss washed through my bones and captivated me frozen in time. I only stepped away when the noise of footsteps from outside became close.