True Belief

Inoichi relayed everything to me. The Kyubi's attempts at convincing Naruto to release the seal, then the Nine-Tails evil words after that. But, the thing that disturbed me the most was the fact that Naruto himself attempted to break the seal.

We can't let that happen.

I sigh as Inoichi fully comes back into his own mind. We both know how bad the situation already is, and how much worse it can get.

"Mhmm..did I fall asleep again..? Oh! Inoichi-San? What are you doing here?" A very sleepy Naruto asked. I gave Inoichi a worried but serious expression and bent down in front of the tiny blonde, who was sitting criss-cross apple sauce style on his bed.

"Naruto, did you have a dream earlier..about the Nine-Tails?" I asked, wanting to hear it from him. "Um..I did, but it wasn't real! It was just a dream! No worries, Dattebayo!" Naruto said with enthusiasm, giving me a big smile and a thumbs up.

"Naruto, it might seems like a dream, but everything you do there will mean a whole lot here. Listen to me." I said, placing both of my hands onto his shoulders. "You can't brake the seal. Don't peal off the tape holding together the gates to contain the Kyubi. For the sake of the village.. For future Shinobi...For you, too."

Naruto looked down, swinging his legs back and forth slightly. "Okay..I won't let it happen, 'ttebayo!" He said, shooting his head back up with a strong smile. "We know you can do it, Naruto." Inoichi said behind me, flashing a smile to Naruto.

//

It's been a few days since that conversation, and we're back to training. I've taught Naruto what I could about Shadow Clones, as that was what he was most eager to learn. The only thing left for him to do is keep at it with the practicing.

"Though Jutsu is Important, I will be teaching you the proper way to aim kunai and Shuriken." Naruto grabbed Kunai in each of his fingers, yelling "I already know how, Dattebayo!" as he released each Kunai from his fingers, going every which way.

"Naruto! Jeez! Please don't do that without my permission. There very dangerous. And I will be teaching you how to aim, not throw deadly weapons all around the area." I say, facepalming and Grabbing a pair of Kunai and facing the training log.

"Pay attention now." I say getting into stance. I throw my first Kunai. Going through the air, you could easily tell that it would either be quite easy to dodge or it would hit. "Hehehe! You missed! Told you I was better Dattebayo!" I smirked and very quickly threw my second Kunai, hitting the handle of the first, changing the trajectory and angle. Both Kunai ended up landing on the back of the training log. I turn to Naruto, then seeing his eyes were shinning with hope.

"I wanna try! I wanna try 'ttebayo!" He eagerly yelled, running in tiny circles. "Slow your jets, kid, that move is pretty hard. Here." I hand Naruto a Kunai, then shuffling him to a good distance from the training log. "Aim for the center of it."

Naruto tossed the Kunai, almost getting a perfect Bullseye.

"Okay." I grab the Kunai sticking in the long and I hand it back to him, along with a second Kunai. "Try now." I tell him. Naruto sticks his tongue out a tiny but, arching both his hands back, then shooting them forward quickly. One was close, but did not hit the log, while the other Just barely hit it.

"Alright. Work on that." I give an eye smile and walk off.

"WHAT?? Your just gonna leave me to figure it out alone!?!" He screeches out to me.

"Yup. I believe in you, Naruto." And with that, I poofed away.

I sit at the tree so I get a view of his practicing

I truly believe in you, Naruto.