A Soul Knows

Even if your mind doesn't

"You two are doing so well," Cross said happily, the twins babbled as they crawled around his form and wow they were getting fast for being so tiny.

Cross hummed as he babysat, keeping the tiny baby bones out of trouble.

If asked several years ago, Cross would have laughed if anyone suggested he'd be babysitting.

Specially if they said he'd be babysitting his boss.

Mind you, right now Nightmare wasn't a boss.

But here he was now, playing with the two cutest beings ever two months after he'd met Nightmare again. And that was even stranger, baby Dream was nothing like his older self.

Error had said he should be glad he'd missed Dreams bratty period of 'Mine'.

Error and Reaper had gone out for an Adults only night needing relax without the kids for once.

He really didn't know why they didn't just call it a date.

They lived together, raised the kids together and when not working were constantly together.

Mind you, it probably had to do with the fact Reaper had a long missing mate. A mate not dead, but missing for eons and not the type to leave.

It was still pretty much a freaking date.

"Mmm" Nightmare said pausing, an annoyed look on his tiny face.

"Whats up Nighty? Cross asked the grumpy baby bones, Nightmare made a sucking motion with his mouth.

"Hungry huh, let me get your bottles," Cross said, reaching into his item space and pulling out the bottle filled with Errors liquid magic.

"Mmmmm.." Nightmare said making grabby hands.
Cross laughed and gently picked him up, getting comfy on a chair and began to feed him. Over the last month Error had been getting the twins use to taking it from a bottle, so she could spend longer away when working.

"Muuuuu!" Dream chirped, having found a mirror and poking his reflection.

Cross took a picture, it was too perfect.

OoOoO

Reaper loved to dance.

He usually danced alone, as well.. you know his touch killing.

Geno had always loved dancing too, liking the slow dances.

Which is why he was shocked when Error agreed to go dancing with him.

Error woke a lovely blue-black dress, with grey almost shoulder length soft gloves, simple black heals were on her feet. Her ecto hair was pulled back into simple ponytail.

If skeletons breathed, his breath would have caught,

She was beautiful, and his soul hurt.

Geno had been beautiful too, and Geno had always teased he'd show Reaper his female ecto form one day.

Geno never got to keep that promise.

Geno, who he only knew was alive because he was dead.

"Reaper?" Error asked concerned.

"Ah sorry, head in the clouds," Reaper said with an easy grin, not realizing he'd paused dancing.

"Its fine," Error said "Either way, its the time we agreed to head home."

"Huh, it is," Reaper said looking at the time.

"How time flies when one is having fun," Error mused.

"Shall we?" Reaper asked offering his arm, Error slipped her own into his.

'Geno would have liked Error' Reaper thought fondly.

As they headed home, neither noticed a skeleton with black tear marks following.