Chapter 25- Nightmare And Daydreams

The gaang and I arrive ahead of schedule at the Black Cliffs, the intended meeting place for the invasion force.

"This, is it, the official rendezvous point for the invasion force."

"How did you pick this place?" Toph asks.

"Before we split up, my Dad and I found this island on a map. It's uninhabited, and the harbors surrounded by cliffs, seemed like the perfect secluded place." Sokka says.

"Nice choice, Sokka," I smile. "And we're here four days ahead of schedule."

"Wait, four days?" Aang exclaims. "The invasion's in four days?"

Sokka yawns. "Whatever, that's like four days from now. Let's just calm down and.."

He turned over, falling asleep.

"Sokka's got the right idea, Aang," Katara says. "We're here, we're ready. The best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest."

"I guess." Aang groans.

The next morning the gaang and I woke up to Aang repeatedly punching a tree.

I look over to Sokka as he shrugs in response.

"Hey," Katara walks over to Aang. "How long have you been up?"

"A couple hours," he replies. "I got a lot more skills to refine if I'm gonna fight Ozai."

"You know," Katara injects. "There is such a thing as overtraining."

Aang punched the tree too hard, causing him to fall over.

"You don't get it," he says getting up. "Do you? My form is bad, I'm sloppy, and I still don't know any firebending. Not even the basics."

"And who's fault is that?" I murmur. "Yeah yours. I tried to teach you firebending but you refused, now look what happened, I can't even bend anymore."

"That's ok, Soul, the eclipse will block all firebending anyways. You can just use your arrows or swords. And Aang, you don't need to know any. Plus, it's a stupid element." Sokka reasons.

"Ok, well, I still have to work on everything else. I better spend the whole day training." Aang says airbending away.

It began to get dark so we all went to sleep. Sokka invited me to sleep with him, I couldn't say no.

Aang had arrived from his training. "Good night, Katara. Good night, Soul. Good night, Sokka. Good night, Toph. Good night, Appa. Good night, Momo. Good night, Appa and Mo."

"Go to sleep, already." Toph yells.

*ೃ༄ *ೃ༄ *ೃ༄

"Sokka, get up," Aang yells. "I need to know what day it is."

I groan as Aang yells from behind me, reaching over me to touch Sokka's face.

"What, who's talking?" Sokka says getting up, grabbing his sword as he hits his head on a cliff in front of him.

"Relax." I mutter. "It's still two days before the invasion."

"Sokka, you've got to get up and drill your rock-climbing exercises."

"What?" Sokka says.

"In one of my dreams, you were running from Fire Nation soldiers trying to climb this cliff but you were too slow and they got you."

"But that was just a dream, I'm a great climber." Sokka says offended.

"Then climb that cliff, climb it fast." Aang demands.