Chapter 19

Hil's POV:

"Is there any occasion?"

I ask Heeseung when he personally came to my doorstep to ask me to eat dinner at their place.

"Nothing, Jay just suddenly wanted to cook dinner tonight, but he kind of said that he somehow wants to celebrate the good start of our school year today," he replied as we wait for the elevator to stop at their ground.

-__-

"Why would he want that? There's no one who celebrates for the first day of class. If I were him, I should've just lighted lots of candles and called you all for a prayer meeting to ask for the guidance we needed at our new journey with a very rough path, full of ups and downs, lefts and rights, floods, and storms, thorns and waves throughout the year, right?" I gaze up at him expecting him to agree with me, but guess what? He just looked at me as if he just saw through my soul how lazy I am when it comes to studying and school-related stuff.

"Don't look at me like that Lee Heeseung, I don't want to break your heart if you fall in love with me," crossing my arms on my chest.

And not for the first time, he laughed full-heartedly on me once again.

-__-

Am I a living joke for him?

"whatever Hil," he chuckles.

*ding!

We went off of the lift.

"you know," I started as we walk past the lounge area showing the beautiful view of the night sky and busy night city outside, "I envy you, you can have this space all the time you want,"

Among the floors, this is where the biggest and prettiest lounging area in the building.

And I really love it.

It's so captivating.

"well the feeling is mutual. I, we, envy you..."