MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 1

Disclaimer:

This story is a work of fiction and not meant to disprove or refute any known Historical facts. Research has been done but only limited to Imperial Hierarchy, military positions, customs, architecture and many others from several Ancient Chinese dynasties solely for literary reference only. The author is not an expert in Chinese History (credits go to her Asian History books and the useful information obtained from the Internet).

This story may contain sensitive themes; most notably, violence. If you don't like violence, then please do not continue.

For those who are reading this story despite the warning, thank you and I hope you enjoy.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"MOONLIGHT NINJA" originally "Moonlight"

By: Midnight_Carousel

Love is truly indefinable.

It seems at first that it is just like any other emotion but my first notion about it is utterly wrong.

Love is beyond what is superficial.

Love is beyond what is deep.

No, it is never measurable, so it is utterly frivolous to scale its height as a thief does to an extremely high wall where the treasures are kept

And, also, it is very absurd how the romantics compare its depth as that of the deep blue sea.

No, love is never that.

Love can never be that

Love is simply infinite, boundless.

Love is beyond everything and it transcends all thoughts, emotions

....and even morality.

Prologue

I cannot exactly remember where the harmonious sound of the nightingale' s song is located, how it has subdued the deepest emotional and physical pain that I feel nor how the soft cast of the moonlight illuminates the darkness of the night.

All I want to remember is the poignant tenderness swelling inside my heart as I am being snuggled once again in the warmth of her doting arms and watch the way her long ebony hair protectively cascades down my face after my painful, weary odyssey.

In this very moment, all I want to do is to stare in the depths of her loving almond eyes, and to see forever from my beloved's beautiful face.

CHAPTER 1

"You must stop with this childish antic of pretending to be ninja warrior just to join violent brawl. It is unladylike and look at what it has done to your pretty face," Princess Li Lei Shuang admonished her younger friend while rubbing a balm gently on the latter's bruised cheeks.

"Ouch, Lei Shuang!" Yan Mei Ling exclaimed. Just what did Li Lei Shuang put on her face - a chunk of burning coal? "Go easy on whatever you are putting on my face; it's supposed to make me feel better not terrible!"

Li Lei Shuang let out a gentle laugh as she continued putting the balm on Yan Mei Ling's cheeks. The latter, however, never stopped complaining about its stinging effect on her cheeks.

Despite the obvious differences between the girls, the two had become remarkably close friends.

Li Lei Shuang was a gentle and thoughtful soft-spoken girl with impeccable manners that she attributed from being the Emperor's daughter.