Chapter 17

Ben stood in front of Mal, watching as she paced around him as a lion might pace around an injured gazelle, giving the final inspection of his outfit. Evie had finally finished his Isle clothes and this was the first chance Ben had to try them out.

School had started back up for Auradon Prep and therefore, at least for the VKs, the chances to go to the Isle were limited. They didn't want to miss class after all and Jay was captain of the Tourney team. He couldn't miss practice now that the season was starting—and there was no way he was going to let Carlos skip without him, nor were they going to let the girls go alone.

Meaning this weekend was now the perfect time for them to go to the Isle, considering no one had any extracurriculars as the weather was rather overcast making it risky to play Tourney in. Ben wanted to see the Isle after all and there was no way the VKs were going to let him go alone. Not after what happened in the viewing.

"E, I have to say, you are a queen when it comes to fashion," Mal said, breaking the silence as she finally stopped pacing around Ben. "If I didn't know that was Ben, I'd say a VK had escaped the Isle."

"He really does look like one of us," Jay nodded and Ben smirked as he slipped his hands into the pockets of his pants, slouching a little. His dark blue jacket felt a little big on him but he didn't care, the light brown shirt provided some padding.

"He'll need a backstory," Carlos piped up. "Isle kids aren't stupid, unless we're talking about Gil or some of the other warf rats. They'll notice a fairly clean, well fed, new VK in their midst. Especially if he's paling around with us. Ben's puppy eyes will give him away in a heartbeat."

Mal nodded, Carlos had a good point. Ben would need a VK name and a parent to go along with it. But all the villains were on the Isle!

"Morgana's son," Ben spoke up, breaking the silence, and Mal whipped her head toward him.

"I'm sorry?"

"I could pretend to be Morgana's son," Ben said. "She escaped being put on the Isle and she's currently a block of ice courtesy of Melody. No one can prove that I'm not her son. I could say I grew up in Auradon...sorry Boreadon, that would explain away my 'puppy eyes' as Carlos put it."

"You'll need an 'M' name if you're going to pretend to be Morgana's son," Evie said. "We can't just go around calling you 'Ben'. Not on the Isle."

"Mitchell."

"You've thought about this haven't you?" Mal asked with a smirk.

Ben shrugged. "Maybe a couple of times since the viewing."

"Well the only ones who'd know you weren't Morgana's son would be Uma and Hook considering they were at the viewing," Jay stated. "And since you're not going to be going into Pirate's Cove, I don't think that'll be a problem."

"If we do need to go into Pirate's Cove, I'll be the one doing it," Mal stated, her tone leaving no room for arguments. "Now, let's go over the rules one last time."

Ben nodded. "Don't leave your sight, don't talk to anyone unless you guys talk to them first, don't go off on my own, don't get too 'touchy feely' with anyone, no thank you's, please's or sorry's, and don't go near Jafar's shop or Evil Queen's castle."

"Or?" Carlos prompted.

"Oh, or Hell Hall," Ben added. Mal smirked and leaned forward, pulling the beanie down a bit.

"I think, Mitchell, you might just pull this off," she said, her green eyes dancing in amusement.

"Why thank you my—"