Chapter 23

Ava smiled as she curled up in her bed at Auradon Prep. The weather was rather overcast, a rare occurrence for Auradon, but for someone from the Isle of the Lost it was perfect. She could get more done when it was overcast, rather than be distracted by the beautiful weather and myriad opportunities.

She honestly couldn't believe this was her life now, being able to just laze about and take her time instead of needing to rush through her work because she was needed at Curl Up and Dye. Not to say that she didn't enjoy working at her grandmother's shop but...she did like the opportunity to be a teen.

I wonder how Dizzy's doing, speaking of teens. She'll be a teenager soon. I hope she'll be able to come to Auradon at some point...well come and stay.

Her cousin had told her all about the first viewing and how Mary Poppins had brought her to the room. Ava had to admit, she had been a little jealous. But Dizzy had deserved a taste of the sun...and hopefully she'd get a permanent taste soon.

"Ava?" Kitty's voice broke through her thoughts and the elder Tremaine child looked up to see the second eldest Charming child in her doorway.

"Hey Kitty. What's up?" Ava asked, setting her books to the side in case Kitty needed to talk.

"Oh you're busy," Kitty said, noticing the school stuff strewn all over Ava's bed. "I can come back—"

"Kitty, it's fine," Ava said with a small chuckle. "It's Saturday after all, I have plenty of time to get this done. What's going on? Is everything okay?"

She patted a spot on her bed near her as if to signal Kitty to sit next to her. Kitty chuckled and shook her head in amusement as she walked in to Ava's room. Sitting down on the bed, Kitty smoothed out the red and gold comforter before looking at Ava.

"I...I know we don't really know each other but you're the only older girl in the family I could really go to," Kitty said softly.

"You're not pregnant are you?" Ava asked, slightly worried. She didn't mean to interrupt and she certainly wouldn't judge but she wanted to know right off the bat. If she knew that, she would know what direction she would need to take the conversation.

Besides, she knew flings were prevalent on the Isle amongst the girls there. Not with her though-her grandmother always said that flings were uncouth for a lady of their stature. Plus there was no one on the Isle Ava ever saw herself having a fling with.

"No, no!" Kitty said, shaking her head.

"Okay," Ava nodded, leaning back a bit against her headboard. "Sorry but...I just wanted to be sure—"

"No worries. I understand," Kitty said with a small smile. "What I wanted to talk about does deal with boys but..."

Ava nodded. She wasn't going to lie, she felt a little honored that Kitty felt comfortable enough to come to her about this.

"Kitty, I don't know how much help I'll be. Dating and relationships aren't exactly a thing on the Isle," Ava told her younger cousin. "But I'll be happy to listen and see if I can offer any advice."

Kitty nodded and bit her lip a little as she brushed a strand of her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. "Roland and his family came back to Auradon Prep. They...they had moved to Sherwood in the months before Cotillion and now they're back. I had enjoyed going to Cotillion with Roland but now that he's back—"

"You don't know where the relationship's going to go?" Ava finished and Kitty nodded.

"I know it's stupid, I'm only fifteen after all. But at the same time...it'd be nice to have a relationship. After all, Lucy's had relationships. Nothing serious mind you, I think Mal's term of 'flirtationship' would bee a good descriptor of what Lucy's relationships were like."