C H A P T E R T W O

Hearing Bobby and Dean come in, Moxie turned and watched Bobby, who had sat down at the kitchen table with a bottle of what looked like whiskey, pouring a shot for a woman she’d never seen before. She looked to be about forty, and she was telling them some important and devastating information by the looks on their faces, but her mind had wandered. Seeing Sam up and around coupled with what you had overheard from Bobby and Dean. Bobby’s voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

“Moxie, this is Ellen. Ellen, Moxie. A hunter that knows the Winchesters.” 

“How long have you been huntin’?” Ellen asked

“Couple years, pretty new to most of it.” Moxie smiled, letting out an awkward chuckle. She had been through a lot, and she could tell from the looks they had all given her, that she was definitely trusted.

She was moving back over towards the boys when Bobby said, “I don’t believe it”

“What?” Sam responded. Moxie missed that curious attitude. Distracted once again by her thoughts, she missed most of the conversation. Although she did hear Dean say something about a 100-mile devils trap in Wyoming, Moxie was still very confused as to what was exactly going on.

A few minutes later Bobby explained to her that there was a hell’s gate and a little demon child that could get across the devil’s trap to open it, so they had to stop him. A few hours later they were in their cars on the way to Wyoming. Moxie wondered if she should have gotten involved in Sam’s life again, and why he wasn’t in school anymore? These thoughts and others like it plagued her mind on the drive down. When they arrived it was dark, and there stood a dark figure talking to Sam. Moxie snuck behind a headstone picking up a part of their conversation.

“I killed you! Cut clean through your spinal cord!” An unknown voice shouted in anger, “You can’t be alive! You can’t!”

Ellen then handed Moxie a gun, walking towards Bobby. Moxie felt safe for the moment. She looked up to see what was going on and saw a darker-skinned man seemingly in control of Ellen as she shakily held a gun to her head, the others in clear distress. Frozen in fear Moxie noticed Sam ran to the man and Bobby took the gun from Ellen. Sam had shot the man several times and gears in the crypt they were near started turning.

Followed by Bobby shouting. “TAKE COVER! NOW!”

Moxie couldn’t move Sam tackled her to the ground and kept her underneath his body for a bit, protecting her. Eventually, he got up and helped her to her feet. Black smoke was pouring out of the crypt. Bobby and Ellen said that it was for sure a Devil’s Gate. Dean was loading the Colt when another man, this one with yellow eyes appeared, slamming Dean into the air and landing on a tombstone as Sam ran towards him. Sam was thrown as well as Moxie went to help Bobby and Ellen, attempting to help them close the gate. A large cloud of black smoke jammed itself down Moxie’s throat and she no longer had control.