Chapter 11

Oikawa's POV
"So, where is this place we're going to?" Oikawa asked as he walked. We've been walking a few hours now.

"It's a place where I used to go when I was little. Actually, it's where I lived until I decided to migrate up here."

"How long do you think it will take us to get there?"

"I'm not sure.. probably a while.. If you want to turn back, you can.. I really-" I was shut up by a kiss. I blushed heavily as Iwa-Chan grumbled.

"You talk too much sometimes." He said, Yui giggling at my reaction. I've kissed him before, but every time I felt kinda flustered about it. Yui hopped alongside me and iwa-Chan as we walked. I knew the way there just from memory, but I don't remember how long it will take.

Hours have passed and it was getting dark and cold. Yui was hanging onto Iwa-Chan's back for a ride, and she managed to fall asleep. I smiled faintly at the sight before sighing.

"I'm taking that as a sign we should stop for the night." I said as I took Yui and cuddled her close while Iwa-Chan got a fire going. We cleared out the snow on the ground the best we could before sitting down. Our clothes were sure to be muddy and a mess, but that's just a part of this trip. Iwa-Chan said he was going to see if he could find anything to eat and got up with his bow.

I stayed by the fire, staring at it in thought. I was worried about what was going on. I was scared that Yui would get killed by a hunter, just for some money.. Or what if something happened to me? Then who would take care of my daughter...

"Hey, got this." I turned my head, Iwa-Chan walking over with a dead rabbit. I nodded as he used his hunting knife to skin it and use the fire to work on cooking it. I watched quietly before saying.

"Hey.. can you promise me something..?"

"What is it."

"If anything happens to me.. will you take care of Yui??" I said, Iwa-Chan looking at me quietly before nodding. I smiled slightly, glad I would be leaving her with someone I felt like I could trust. Iwa-Chan gave me some of the food, saving the rest for Yui for in the morning or if she woke up. I didn't feel like eating much though. I was still full of anxiety instead.

"Hey, look over here." I glanced over, receiving another small kiss from Iwa-Chan. I giggled slightly as he kissed me again, and again. His lips slowly moving down my neck.

"Iwa-Chan..."

"I promise nothing is going to happen to you or your daughter. I... I really like you.. Okay? So, I'll protect you." He mumbled against my skin. I blushed, pulling away and looking at him a bit surprised.

"Like me as in... like..-"

"As in like romantic.. shittykawa..."

"Hey that's mean..!" I said before realizing what he just said. I felt a tingly feeling in my stomach at his words. Iwa-Chan's face looked a little red.. and mine was too. And I don't think it was because of how close we were to the fire.

I bit my bottom lip before leaning in and kissing him, but more passionately. He smiled slightly, easily kissing me back before wrapping his arms around me and Yui. I let myself snuggle into his side contently. I don't think I've really ever felt this way around or about anyone else. Of course I loved Yui and I've met a few other werewolves that I've considered keeping as mates...

But none of them made me feel this way. None of them made me feel so, I suppose nervous? The fluttering feeling in my stomach still lingering, but I felt happy. It always made me feel safer and happy when I got to cuddle with Iwa-Chan. And I know Yui liked him too. And that was kind of rare. She might be little, but she's picky about the people she decides to like.

"By tomorrow, we should be passing through another village on our way.. Do you think that this mess has spread to there yet??" I asked, glancing up a Iwa-Chan who shrugged.

"I don't know. I hope not. But you both still have your cloaks in case it has."

"Well.. I hope it hasn't. But, can we stay at an inn or something tomorrow night.. We'll be traveling a lot and, I like beds better." I said with a tiny smile. Iwa-Chan nodded before glancing at me.

"I'd love to but I'm unsure how much money an inn at another village would cost. I only have a tiny bit. he rest I left home for my mother and father."

"Well.. if we can afford it can we??"

"Yes." He said, making me smile. He gave me another kiss before I started getting sleepy. I held Yui closer to me and gave the top of her head a kiss before nuzzling my face into Iwa-Chan's neck. He smelled really good. He smelled a bit like the woods, like of pine or fresh wood. Something about the scent made him all the more... perfect.