Chapter 24

Few Days Time Skip: Iwaizumi's POV
I sat quietly in Hinata and Kageyama's home. I managed to get some of the flowers, and Sakusa did too. I'm not quite sure what he planned to do with his, but he seemed relieved to have gotten it. And I was too. Yui seemed to have a lot of fun playing and getting to be around others werewolf pups her own age. And Hinata and Kageyama looked like they took good care of her while I was gone.

I was thankful Hinata and Kageyama offered me a day or two to rest here. I would have declined, knowing that I must find Oikawa as soon as possible, but my body felt ready to collapse from exhaustion.

Yui was cuddling in my lap clinging to me tightly as I gently pet her ears and tail. I listened silently to her talking about getting to play and talk and wrestle with all the other werewolf pups. It made me happy she got to have some fun in such a troubling time..

She deserved to have some happiness. Once she was done rambling, I kissed her cheeks and let her cuddle me as I laid down on the couch. I heard a couple of Hinata and Kageyama's pups making noise in their room before settling down for the night as well. 

In the morning after Hinata gave us a little bit of food for breakfast, Kageyama walked over and handed me a bottle. I quietly took it and examined the blue mixture inside of it.

"That is the exact same stuff I gave to Hinata. I hope it works for Oikawa. He has to drink it."

"Thank you, is there anything I can give you and Hinata in return for all the help?"

"Of course not, we all want the same thing.. We want to protect the ones we love, like us or not." Kageyama said, making me smile slightly. I thanked him and told him to extend my thanks to Hinata who was busy keeping all of his own pups in check. Kageyama nodded and wished me well as I put the precious mixture into my bag alongside my mother's necklace.

"Ready baby?" I asked, Yui nodding determinedly. I sighed, stepping out of the home and heading towards the very place I traveled with Oikawa to save his daughter. Now I had to travel to try and save him..

3 Day trip Later

Alright.. we're where I had last seen Oikawa. I kept Yui close to me as we walked carefully. The snow making soft crunches underneath our feet. I placed my arm out to stop Yui when I heard rustling that didn't came from either of us.

"W-what is it...?"

"..Shh.." I looked around when I heard growling. I turned my head in that direction, spotting Oikawa watching us. Like a predator ready to kill it's prey.. I told Yui to hide, hearing her run off quickly while Oikawa creeped out and stared at me.

He looked unrecognizable. He was snarling, showing his fangs. His claws dug deep into the snow and straight into the dirt ground. He looked like a wild animal. How the hell was I going to get him to drink this mixture..

"Oikawa.. It's me." I tried, taking slow steps closer. He growled viciously,  keeping his eyes on me as I slowly walked closer. Oikawa took a step back every time I tried to walk closer. His ears twitched as I slowly reached into my bag and grabbed the potion.

"It's only me, Oikawa... I'm not here to hurt you.." I said, Oikawa looking at me for a moment before he shook his head. He growled loudly, scratching at his arms and falling into the snow. I watched in horror, he looked like he was in terrible pain.

"Oikawa-" He got up, snarling at me before running away. I tried to chase after him, but he was far quicker. I caught my breath, looking down in the snow to follow the tracks he left before they become covered.

I followed after Oikawa until it got dark. I shivered, looking around in the dark for any more signs of Oikawa.. 

"Go away!" I turned just in time to see Oikawa growl at me. He looked like he was ready to jump on me to kill, but he dug his claws into the tree next to him. I panted out, seeing my breath in front of me from the cold.

"Oikawa, I can help you.."

"Go.. go away!"

"You need to drink this. It will stop this." I said, approaching closer as Oikawa groaned in pain. His claws pierced through the tree and dug down it creating deep and large gashes. He gritted his teeth and shook his head.

"I said, go AWAY!" He screamed, pulling his claws from the tree and turning towards me. I let myself drop when Oikawa launched himself at me, claws first. He missed and tumbled in the snow, growling wildly before getting back to his feet and trying again. 

He tried to attack again, scraping my arm and his claws digging through my clothes easily. I stumbled, holding my arm as Oikawa looked down at his claws for a moment before growling. I swallowed a lump in my throat, trying to ignore the pain when suddenly Oikawa lunged at my face.

I yelled out in pain as a devastating pain tore through me. I stumbled back, Oikawa panting as he stared at me. My hand trembled as I looked brought it to the injury. Blood began spilling from my face, or more precisely, my eye. I kept my hand over the eye that was gouged, looking at Oikawa who looked horrified by what he had done.

 I kept my hand over the eye that was gouged, looking at Oikawa who looked horrified by what he had done