Chpater 21

Iwaizumi's POV
This map was taking me to the heart of a frozen wasteland I swear.. If I had more money, I would have bought some more winter gear but of course... every last gold coin we owned went into new hunting bows, arrows, nets, anything my dad wanted.

I sighed, trudging through the snow while freezing half to death. The cold was bitter and I couldn't exactly feel any part of my body anymore. But it'd be worth it if what Kageyama said was true about being able to create a cure for Oikawa. I tucked the map safely so it wouldn't blow away when suddenly the wind picked up viciously.

I grumbled to myself, raising my arm to try and block the snow from blowing so harshly in my face. I was glad I had left Yui with Kageyama and Hinata now. She surely would have struggled battling this wind more than I am. Why the hell was the wind suddenly getting worse. I could hardly see my own arm which was RIGHT in front of my face?

Something whizzed past me, knocking me down. I groaned and stood up, trying to look around at whatever that was. There was a loud roar that overpowered the harsh winds. I reached for my bow when something grabbed my arm. I looked over, seeing what looked like another human.

"Come on unless you want to die, follow me!" He shouted and headed off. I glanced back at the creature who was circling us before following the stranger. He led me into a large cavern, another man already inside and pulling a rope so that the entrance sealed. I looked over at the strangers, the one who saved me was wearing all kinds of strange equipment.

"Phew! That was a close one." He said, taking the mask and large goggles off is eyes. I looked at him curiously. He had red hair that matched the color of the fires burning inside the cavern. The other man walked over and took the equipment and put it aside.

"I'm Tendou. That's Ushijima. Who're you?"

"..Iwaizumi."

"Iwaizumi eh? Wat are you doing all the way out here. And with such poor, you know, equipment for this weather."

"I'm here looking for a rare flower."

"Ohhhh. You aren't the first one that came here for that."

"Who else came searching for it?" I asked, thanking Ushijima when he gave me some sort of food. Another man walked over from an area I hadn't seen him before.

"I did." I looked up, blinking a few times to see a man with dark hair walk over.

"And, you are..?"

"Sakusa."

"Did you find the flowers?"

"No. I was caught in the same predicament you are in right now. I was making my way to find the flower when the winds suddenly got worse and a beast circled. I was fortunate Tendou found me." Sakusa explained, Tendou smiling as he walked over to Ushijima to keep that fire going.

"Why were you looking for the flowers?"

"I imagine the same reason as you."

"To cure someone?"

"Yes."

"Yeah. I need to get it quickly before he gets himself killed. Well, gets hunted is more like it."

"Werewolf?"

"Yeah. Isn't yours?"

"No, fox."

"Fox??"

"Yes. I don't know what is wrong with him. But he came home terribly ill one day. I tried everything else. But it seems that this particular flower can cure almost anything. I just hadn't expected that beast outside."

"What is it?" I asked, Ushijima walking over.

"A beast. Dragon." He said, Tendou nodding in agreement. I tapped my fingers quietly. Well, I had to figure out a way to get around or past this dragon. And Sakusa did too.

"Is there any way to defeat or sneak around it?"

"Not that I am aware of." Ushijima said, making me sigh. All of us walked over to the fire and warmed ourselves while Tendou spoke. Apparently the dragon has only recently appeared, and along with it's appearance, came the terrible and unforgiving winds. This dragon hasn't killed, only causes these storms. Strange.

I couldn't stay here long, the longer I was here, the more likely it was that Oikawa would wander and a hunter would come across him. And a year ago, perhaps he would have had a chance. But with so many werewolves being hunted, the hunting equipment has been greatly improved and the hunter's skills have also improved.

"Ushijima, will you allow me to go out?"

"What?"

"I need to observe that dragon to figure out how to get around it." I said, Ushijima glancing at Tendou who got up and gave me some equipment.

"If you're gonna do that, wear this stuff. It'll help you from freezing to death and these goggles help you see through the snow. Not super well but a lot better than your bare eyes." I thanked him, putting the quipment on and leaving the cavern as Ushijima allowed me out.

I walked away a bit from the cavern, back to where the winds picked up. I looked around when I heard the roars. These goggles were more useful. I could see the beast now. It wasn't as large as I had thought, but it was pure white and the snow kept it covered. At least I think. I stayed where I was, and Ushijima was right.

It wasn't attacking, it just continued to circled around me and cause the winds to stir up. After a few more moments of circling me, the dragon landed and the winds slowed down a little bit. I stared at the beast right in front of, and it stared right back...

This wasn't any normal dragon.