Chapter 12

Oikawa's POV

"Yui! Yui!!!! Iwa-chan where did she go! I left you to watch her while I went to get food!" I said, crossing my arms. Iwa-chan smiled at me before snapping his fingers. I tilted my head when suddenly my daughter crashed down on top of me. I collapsed into the snow with her on top of me laughing.

"I win!" She shouted as I lifted my face up out of the snow and spitting some of it out.

"..."

"Heh, payback." Iwa-chan said.

"Okay.. I get it. You got hurt when she fell on you from a tree-" I said, Yui climbing off of me as I slowly got up. I groaned, stretching before pouting at Iwa-chan who smiled slightly and gave me a kiss.

"You okay?"

"No thanks to you."

"Sorry puppy." He said, making me blush as I picked Yui up and kicked snow at him.

"Let's keep going." I said, starting to walk off. Yui kept giggling as she held onto me, Iwa-chan following.

"So where are we headed next?"

"Well, we have to pass through a place I used to love to visit. There's quite a few 'creatures' there that love causing mischief though. But I also think that's part of why I liked visiting."

"What type of creatures?"

"I forget what they're called. But I think that humans made a character or something based off of them."

"A character?"

"Yeah, what was his name... Agh, I can't remember. But when we pass through I might remember." I said, Iwa-chan shrugging with a nod. I really don't remember what the heck they were called or what humans named a character based off of them... but they were friendly, usually. Just trouble makers.

I remember taking Yui there once when she was even younger, but I doubt she remembers it at all. She had fun as a baby though. 

Iwa-chan and I took turns carrying Yui since she seemed to just be alternating between jumping or skipping along and hitching a ride on one of our backs. Neither of us minded though. I was glad that Yui liked Iwa-chan, and it looked like he liked her back. Despite her, perhaps chaotic behavior. 

We began approaching another woods, Iwa-chan looking a bit wary. I smiled, carrying Yui before nudging Iwa-chan's arm with my nose.

"Don't worry. This is the place I was talking about. It's still far from where our destination is, but the travel here was worth it. Unless there's been trouble here too.." I said, suddenly feeling a bit worried when suddenly I heard a small laugh and a voice.

"Oh I know about the trouble, and it hasn't reached here yet." I turned around, looking around for the familiar voice before looking up and seeing who was speaking to me.

"Hi Kuroo." I said, looking at the black feline laying on a snow-covered tree branch. Well, kind of feline. He hopped down, stretching out before transforming to a human. Or mostly human. He was human aside from a pair of ears and a cat tail.

Iwa-chan looked a bit surprised at Kuroo who just grinned, showing off his fangs before looking back at me

"Wow, is that Yui? She's gotten big." He said, Yui peaking at Kuroo from behind me. 

"Yep, this is her. Yui, this is Kuroo." I introduced, Yui staring.

"Wasn't he a cat?" She asked curiously, Kuroo laughing and answering her.

"I can shift from cat to human, Yui." He explained, Yui nodding curiously. I set her down, watching her wandering over and sniff Kuroo. I tried to tell her that sniffing people was rude, but Kuroo said he didn't mind.

"So, where's Kenma??" I asked, Kuroo pointing upwards. All of us tilted our heads back and saw Kenma in his cat form sleeping on a branch that he had cleared of snow. His tail dangling and one paw hanging off the side of the branch as he napped.

 His tail dangling and one paw hanging off the side of the branch as he napped

"Yeahhhh he's been sleepy ever since we had kittens."

"You guys have kittens now??"

"Uh huh. We came out here to take a break, we got Bokuto watching them."

"...That sounds like it could be disastrous though."

"Nah, Akaashi is with him." Kuroo said, making me smile. Yui looked up at Kenma curiously and walked over to the base of the tree. She wiggled her tail and tried to climb the tree, but that only resulted in the still young tree to shake a little. Kenma yowled as he fell. Kuroo catching him.

Even with a cat's face, Kenma looked pissed before noticing me. He smacked Kuroo in the face several times with his paw until he was set down. Kuroo pouted as Kenma changed to his own human form. He shook his head with a huff.

"Hello Oikawa. And hello Yui." He said, Yui tilting her head before wiggling her tail and tackling him. The two went down into the snow, Kuroo laughing as Iwa-chan was quick to pick up Yui to keep her from play attacking Kenma. 

Kenma already seemed to have enough. He grinned, disappearing and reappearing back on his branch back in his cat form. Iwa-chan snapped his fingers while setting Yui down.

"Ah. Cheshire."

"Yeah! That!" I said while pointing at him. I only ever heard of the character once. I guess that the Cheshire Cat was some fictional character who really only caused mayhem. And the stories weren't too far off if that was the case. Well, Kuroo caused some trouble. From what I remember, Kenma was always just a sleepy-head who watched from afar. 

"So what are you guys doing all the way back here, and.. with a hunter?" Kuroo asked, glancing at Iwa-chan suspiciously.

"You said you knew about the trouble.. There are hunters trying to hunt werewolves now. And I wanted Yui out of the way." I explained, Kuroo looking confused before I explained that Iwa-chan was coming along to keep me safe and not to hunt. 

"Oh I see. Well, I hope you guys make it safely. But while you're here, care to come see our kittens before you go?" Kuroo asked with a smile. I glanced at Iwa-chan who gave me a small nod.

"Yeah! I'd love to see them."

"Then let's- Oh no." Kuroo said, turning around to see Bokuto coming towards us.