Prologue: The Begining of a Lie

The ages of the story's characters aren't the same as the ages in real life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all started on a long winter night, right when a baby's cry tore the dark sky open like a cheap sheet. There were other sounds coming from that house as well. Yelling, crashing, swearing, and finally a sword sliding out of its sheath.

Kim Jungmin, the lion of his majesty, the protector of his country, was screaming in agony. He had another daughter. Once again, he could not provide his king an heir to continue serving him., his bloodline was going to perish.

Thoughts such as these stormed through his mind while his hand was still holding his long sword. He could not let this disgrace be the reality. He could not have all 9 of his children be female. Not when his majesty awaited a boy.

A thought struck him like a lightning. His features darkened as he warningly swung his sword towards the people in the room, three maids, his wife, and the midwife.

"My son's name is decided." He finally spoke. "Kim Junghyun graced this world with his grace. My only son, my heir, and pride. Do you all understand?"

Even though they all shook their heads in fear, his wife had tears in her eyes as she did so.

And with that, he stormed out of the room like the madman he was.

At that moment mother-of-nine couldn't hold herself anymore. She wept and wept for hours. Between her sobs, a few words could be heard.

"Your mother is sorry Jungeun-ah. Sorry that you have to be Jung Hyun."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will upload the next part soon, hope someone will enjoy reading this.