Damaged daughter

"So, nobody knows anything? Not even a clue?" asked Jungeun rubbing her temples to prevent the rising headache. "Then, how do you suppose we can find her Jinsoul? By magic and fairy dust?"

Jinsoul, offended by her words, raised her eyebrows and frowned. "YOU came up with this plan and I HAD to go through with it. Don't turn this on me now. I told you that there is a possibility of no one except father knowing her whereabouts. He is not much of a chatterbox." She said accusingly. "I've asked every member of the staff and even risked my head by asking a few guards. They either lie very well or don't know anything. I hate to say this, but we might have to do something over the top to gain information from my father."

Jungeun sat on their bed with annoyance. This was not going according to her plan so far. "I hate this. I was stupid and didn't think this through. I screwed up and now we have to be toget- "

Her words got interrupted with a slap on her face. "I know that you are stressed but I mean it really is insulting when I am your 'screw up'." She said sitting next to her, arms folded. "Now, tell me what happened with the princess that made you so... not pleasant."

Jungeun sometimes couldn't believe how fast this girl deduced things. "We had a... fight, I guess."

Jinsoul raised her eyebrows. "You guess?"

Jungeun sighed and told what happened between them as her heart ached where it beat. "And I stopped her from kissing me then she told me she understood but I mean, that look devastated me, Jinsol. She was so sad, her eyes were filled with tears and she just put her mask back, not to reveal her true heartbreak. So that is why I just wish death would come sooner."

Jinsoul rubbed her back soothingly as she gave her a sympathetic smile. "I don't want to sound heartless unnie, but it's better this way. She doesn't even know your secret. You don't know how she will react. I know she won't order your death or anything but she could shatter your heart."

"I know that but it takes a lot to accept that in here," Jungeun said gesturing to her heart. "I know that she would reject me if she knew but a part of me is dying and suffering knowing that she is thinking about our marriage and crying over it."

"This will all be over soon, hopefully. Then you can get back to your push-pull relationship." Said Jinsoul, offering a smile. "Cheer up, for now, this is supposed to be your wedding night. Guys like that stuff, I guess."

Laughing at her joke, Jungeun let go of her worries for the second. She was with a friend and she was doing a good thing. Those were the things she should focus on. "Then how do we get your greedy father to talk?"

-

"Good morning, Junghyun-ah, son, did you sleep well?" asked Jung Sungman, sipping his tea with a smirk. He was probably waiting for Jungeun to blush and not say anything but she kept her straight face.

"Good morning, Jung Sungman-sshi. My night was alright. I hope that you also slept well." Answered Jungeun sitting across from him. "There is this issue I want to discuss with you. It is rather important."

With that, Byulyi gestured to his guards and the man in front of her understood the message. After the guards left the room, Sungman raised his eyebrow in silence.

"Where is that whore, Jo Haseul?" Jungeun asked angrily, she had to look furious.

The man choked on his tea for a second, his face was clouded by fear and disgust. "Now, now Junghyun-ah, you don't need to worry about that... incident at all. It's all taken care of and Jinsoul won't even look another woman in the eye anymore. It's all in the past and it would be a shame if that tiny spec of an incident got in the way of your marriage." He mumbled, looking ashamed.