Sharing an eternity

Jiwoo feels every fiber in her body spring into action when she sees the man with a massive cut on his torso come towards them with a sword, looking furious. She wanted to shove Jungie to the side and take the blow herself. Or perhaps warn him before it was too late. But the only thing she could do was to see everything happen in front of her and scream. Junghyun's eyes widened before he went limb in her arms and groaned as he blacked out. Jiwoo held him up for a second, tears blurring her vision as she reached for the sword on Jungeun. She was trained for this moment. She would finally pay Junghyun back for all those years of care and protection.

She screamed at the top of her lungs as she charged towards the man. Years of training were flashing in her mind as she calculated the man's next move. He was pretty easy to read, after all, she trained with Junghyun. He never ever showed his weak sides or his blind spots, guarding them with the cold look he only reserved for fighting. Her body shuddered as his gaze came to her mind. She swung her sword. The man dodged. Their dance continued.

She carefully placed her steps, her eyes never leaving the man and looking for an opening. His damaged side was making him wince in pain every now and then, but he still looked down at her, she was a mere woman, a fragile princess after all. He seemed bored with their fight, apparently, as he swung his sword towards her, drawing speed from his sheer power. Jiwoo, having predicted this, stepped aside and kicked the man's stomach, knocking the air out off him, making him double over in pain. Then she grabbed his hideous ponytail and climbed on his back, exposing his neck for her sword.

"I can end you this second, you scum, or I can show mercy. Which will you choose?" she whispered dangerously in his ear. "Is your blood even valuable enough to stain my sword?"

"Fuck you, you little royal whore!" he shouted angrily as he tried to knock her off his back. She latched on and pressed her sword even harder. "I will kill you and your pretty boy after I have my fun. Your corpses will be pissed on, you wench."

Jiwoo wasted no time slashing her sword across his neck. This wasn't wrong, she was cleansing her kingdom after all.

She hopped off the dead man's back and hurried to Junghyun's side. He was groaning in pain, delirious with his words. She choked on her tears as she saw the state of his shoulder, it was bleeding everywhere, staining his back like a canvas.

"Jungie, what should I do?" she asked in panic.

Junghyun's speech was really disturbed but she managed to understand. "Back... to capital... my mom. Ride.... West..."

Jiwoo nodded and started looking around for a horse. She noticed a small stable with two horses. Relief washed over her as she tried to pick Junghyun up and move towards the horses. This made her realize that if she didn't clog the wound somehow, there would be no Junghyun left to take back. She reached down and ripped a part of her skirt. Cautiously stuffing the wound with cloth, she went and retrieved one of the horses.

Time was against her as she rode through the forest, clinging to an unmoving Junghyun, hoping that her little aid would keep him alive just enough.

-

Jiwoo knew that her reappearance would be big news on its own. Her riding a horse full speed towards her guard's house while holding onto that said guard was without a doubt shocking to the common folk. She knew that, and she couldn't care less.

The moment she saw the Kim residence, relief washed over her. The cloth she kept pressuring on Junghyun's injury was deep crimson with the loyal blood of the boy. The only good thing she held onto during the entire ride was the fact that he was still breathing, still clutching to his princess with determination.