Unpredictable as ever

Jinsoul's pov

A lot of time had passed since her father went to dinner with the general and her oppa. Jinsoul, feeling a little paranoid, started to think that maybe Junghyun changed her mind. Maybe she decided that Jinsoul just wasn't worth it. Maybe she regretted ever making plans with her.

Those horrible thoughts ruled her thoughts until the outside door swung open and revealed her father, very much drunk. A few things surprised her; his appearance was distorted; his face was showing emotions and he was smiling. He made his way towards her, nearly tripping over his own dress.

"You did it, huh? You seduced something without a vagina, finally!" he slurred, along with a few giggles. "That boy was smitten, let me tell you! He said you were a delicate flower. Can you fucking believe that? You? Delicate? What a joke."

His laughter rang through the house for the first time in... well, ever. Even though Jinsoul felt a little insulted, she didn't care. Since her father was downright wrong. She nearly laughed as well.

"If I pleased you, father, that is enough of a satisfaction for me." She said, hiding a smirk under her obedient mask.

"Yes, yes. You are great and all that. Now all you have to do is to get close to the princess and do what I asked you to do. Life's a lot easier if you just do as I say, right little wench?" he said patting her head in a mocking manner.

"Yes, of course. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to sleep. Good night father." She said between her teeth. It took a lot of will not to bite his hand off but she managed.

She had to be prepared for what was to come. A lot waited for them in the future.

-

"The princess has requested your presence, Jinsoul." Said Junghyun, looking bored.

Jinsoul looked at her questioningly. "Why? Is there something wrong or does she just want to have tea?"

Junghyun sighed and shrugged. "I don't know. She's unpredictable as ever."

Jinsoul feeling a little nervous, got up on her feet and followed Junghyun to the palace where the princess was waiting. The princess didn't change her facial expression when she saw the two of them approaching but there was a glint of annoyance in her eyes.

"Does she hate me?" asked Jinsoul with a whisper.

"No, that's her face sometimes." Said Junghyun jokingly. She stood by the entrance and gestured for her to get in. "Enjoy your tea time."

Jinsoul walked towards the princess as respectful and graceful as she could and bowed. "It's an honor to be here, your highness."

"It's a pleasure to have your company. Here, have a seat." She pointed at the cushion in front of her with a sweet smile.

Jinsoul did as she was told and let herself to be served a hot cup of tea. Jinsoul, not knowing how to start a conversation waited for Jiwoo to speak first.

"So how long will I have the pleasure of the company of someone as charming as you Jinsol-ah?" Asked Jiwoo pouring herself another cup.

"Oh, thank you for your kind words, your grace. I will be staying longer than I thought. It is a relief that I love the city." Said Jinsoul, trying to figure out what the princess was getting at.

"Ah, really? That is good news. I was in dire need of companionship of someone smart." Said the princess hiding her expression behind her cup. "I realized that I never asked how you and Jungie-ah met. Are you two related?"

"Jungie? Are you talking about Junghyun-oppa? No, we are not related but our fathers led to our meeting." Said Jinsoul smiling sweetly while calculating the situation in her head. Why was the princess speaking so casually and possessively of her guard?

"And why is that? Normally fathers don't make their daughters follow boys like puppies."

Jinsoul was speechless for a second. The princess showed her true self for a moment. "That is because we needed to get to know each other."

"For what?"

"For us to get married."

There was a long silence between them. The princess's expression changed slightly. Her lips stopped smiling and her brows were raised a bit. That wasn't the thing that solved the puzzle for Jinsoul. It was the look in her eyes that said a lot. Jiwoo loved her guard and that was a horrible twist of fate. She didn't know the truth, Jinsoul was sure of that. That meant that the princess was in love with a lie. And that angered Jinsoul even more. She was going to break Junghyun's heart if she ever found out and if she didn't Junghyun would be still unhappy, it meant they wouldn't be together.

"I see. Does he know about this?" Jiwoo asked with hidden aggression. The way she put her cup on the table was way more vicious than before.

"Of course. He asked me to marry him officially last night. It was very romantic." Said Jinsoul trying to sound smitten. "He is such a gentleman, I swear. That speech about how I was the most delicate, beautiful flower he ever saw was just wonderful. I was swept off my feet, really."

Jinsoul knew what she said was a lie and a fuel to the princess' growing anger. But she couldn't help herself, this was too much fun.

"Congratulations. Now, if you will excuse me I have an urgent business to take care of. Jungie-ah will see you out." The princess said getting up and walking towards her wing of the palace. Her dress' tail was following her furious steps inside. Jinsoul chuckled. This was the least she could do for them. This jealousy would be their guide when their plan was over and she was out of the picture.

"Take me home, oppa!" she said to Junghyun, loud enough for Jiwoo to hear.