17; Junseo and Hyejin

The next day instead of working in the artifact store, Jungkook headed out with Taehyung in search of someone who could possibly recognize the man in the photograph and could perhaps know some information about him as well.

Hoseok stayed behind at the artifact store to keep it running while Jungkook was out.

Taehyung and Jungkook approached many people, but neither of them seemed to recognize Jungkook's father.

"He's still young," said Jungkook as he watched the last person they just approached, walk away.

"What does that have to do with what we're trying to find?" Asked Taehyung confused.

"We're not asking the right people," Jungkook said as his eyes scanned the people walking by on the streets. "We need to ask someone who is older, someone who could possibly remember my father."

"But isn't it the older they are, the less they remember?" Taehyung asked.

"No, that's not what I meant," said Jungkook as he turned to face Taehyung. "All these people that we keep asking are young. They all seem to be a few years younger than us, so they might not know anything. I was only a baby when my mother left my father, so I don't remember anything either. The only ones who remember anything about my father are my mom and Eros. Yoongi and Seokjin were still young, so they might not remember anything either. So, we have to ask someone who is older and who does have a memory of my father."

"What about her?" Taehyung asked as he pointed to an elder woman who seemed like she wanted to cross the street.

"Maybe she can help us," said Jungkook as he and Taehyung approached her.

"Hello ma'am," Taehyung greeted.

The elder woman turned to face Taehyung and then looked at Jungkook. "Hello boys, can you two help me cross the street? I'm not very fast and cars usually honk at me and people scream at me to move out of the way, so sometimes I'm afraid to cross the street on my own."

Neither of them could say no, as this woman in front of them had asked them kindly, Taehyung and Jungkook found themselves helping the older woman cross the street.

After she was safely on the other side of the street, she smiled at them and thanked them for their help. "Do you guys want some ice cream? I'll buy you some ice cream for helping me."

"Yes please-"

"No that's okay," Jungkook interrupted Taehyung who sent him a glare. "But we do need your help on something."

The older woman furrowed her eyebrows confused. "What can I help you with?"

Jungkook held out the picture and the older woman took it from his hands and brought it closer to her face. "Do you recognize him?" Jungkook asked.

The older woman nodded much to Jungkook and Taehyung's surprise. "You do?" They asked in sync.

"Oh yes, I know Junseo. He used to date a pretty woman, Hyejin."

Jungkook's ears perked up at the mention of his father's name and who he presumed was the mistress.

"They were so happy, until one day, Junseo's real wife found out he was cheating and became so angry. Poor Hyejin, she didn't know she was the mistress until she saw Junseo's wife," the older woman said.

"Can you tell us what exactly happened and where we can find Hyejin?" Jungkook asked.

The older woman nodded. "Of course, I can tell you anything you want while we eat some ice cream."