9. A Breath from Death

REENA!

She's freezing to death...

WAKE UP!!!

Retribution?

The price. What is the price?

She's so cold... Wait... What is that feeling? A touch?

        "Can you hear me?" a silky voice warmed the darkness of her mind as she became vaguely aware of her body being shifted. "This really isn't a good place to take a nap, my dear..." the woman's voice trailed off as warmth enveloped the necromancer.

        Her eyes peeled open to see a blur of an arrow and a spray of crimson.

        "If you stand with the Necromancer then you are guilty of her crimes as well!"

The hunter!

He's back!

We need to run!

The woman is protecting her!

Use the woman as a distraction!

Reena! Do something!

        "I will stand for what is right!" the woman declared while strengthening her hold on the Necromancer. "How dare you discriminate! Ho- AH!" she shrieked in pain as she twisted herself around the Necromancer, taking an arrow for her.

The woman took an arrow... For Reena?

Reena! You need to-

        "I'm getting you out of here." the woman gave her a pained smile with the Necromancer falling into her pools of crystal blue that were framed by lashes of snow. "It's going to be ok." the sound of her voice echoed in the Necromancer's mind as she faded from consciousness.

Where are we going?

We're moving but I can't see...

Reena! Wake up!

Something is wrong! Very wrong!

She's so cold...

She's so weak...

        A gentle warmth caressed her as her senses whispered of the soft furs she laid in, and a gentle steam sweetened the air. With more effort than she cared to admit, she managed to open her eyes, and their focus slowly started to return. Hides formed the tepee that she laid within upon its fur floor. A small fire crackled in the middle with a pot that was hung above it, and a gentle steam rolled off of it. Her eyes slowly drifted until finding the woman from before sitting on the other side of the fire.

        The woman's hair was as white as virgin snow, and it cascaded down her back to tickle the floor. She wore a white fur cloak that hung from her shoulders, giving a generous view of the cleavage her clothes so proudly displayed, leaving no curve unappreciated and no doubts of the ample endowment of her chest. No faults could be found in her perfectly porcelain complexion as her blue eyes found the Necromancer's.