10. Lost Time

She's not moving...

She's breathing.

I can't see! Open your eyes, Reena.

She's holding... two swords?

So much pain...

Footsteps?

        Gentle footsteps shuffled through the fresh snow that blanketed the rotted mountain while the distant sound of shifting rocks echoed with a tremor rumbling through the mountain. The snow also coated the Necromancer's cloak while she sat on the frozen, dead ground with her hood drawn over her closed eyes. Her arms rested upon her bent knees with her family sword in one hand, and the holy sword in the other. The burning pain searing her face kept her from any sense of comfort while her broken soul kept her from any sense of the world around her.

        "Reena!" the warmth of Isha's voice failed to reach her, "I finally found you!" she exclaimed as the necromancer felt Isha's arms wrap around her neck with Isha's body pressing warmly against her back. "I am so sorry... I was too late! I tried so hard... but... But he knocked me unconscious... I am sorry... I failed my promise to protect you." she whispered into Reena's ear before placing a gentle kiss upon her cheek, "But I will not fail you again..." she breathed while gently taking Reena's chin, and tilting her face to meet hers.

        "I don't care." her words never truer and never more empty.

        "Then... I will care for you." Isha whispered with the warmth of her breath sparking something within Reena. "I will keep you close so you never have to care for anything but yourself again." she promised while her hand cupped Reena's cheek that grew warmer by the moment.

        Slowly without notice she was connected to Isha with their lips locked, and Isha's hand traveling under the back of her shirt. Isha's fingers glided over the scar upon Reena's back, making the necromancer gasp before falling into a submission like no other, and a smirk played upon Isha's lips.

        "Forever mine." Isha breathed against Reena's lips, "I've waited so long for this... My stolen gift... My Reena."

No no no!

It can't be!

Isha... Isha is...

Reena! Get away!

She can't... Even if she could... She's given up...

Ma-

"Silence your souls sirens. I have reclaimed what is mine."

Yours...? I do not belong to anyone...

        "You are simply mine to protect, love." Isha cooed against Reena's neck, "Now be a good girl and rest."

~

She's waking up...

What will the Master do with her?

What will the Master do with Us?!

Hush. One with such a malleable soul such as our Reena...