Chapter 13.

Kageyama was alone once again. Well, not really alone, Hinata was there, but he wasn't awake so it was still pretty lonely. Kageyama went back in Hinata's room. He straightened Hinata's blankets and kissed his cheek lightly. Then, he picked up the journal, he'd left the first page blank, and that was for a reason. He began sketching. Just as he'd started, his phone vibrated. He checked the notification; it was a text from Kuroo:

Hey! I finished my classes

Just letting you know I can pick you up or just come back and hang out with you

You can also come over to mine and Kenma's place if you'd rather.

Kageyama looked at it for a moment and then replied:

No thanks

I'll just stay here with Hinata for a bit.

He got another text immediately:

That wasn't an option

I don't think you should be alone

See you in 5 minutes!

Kageyama was somewhat relieved to see that. He had wanted Kuroo to come, but he didn't want to feel like he was forcing him. Very soon, Kuroo burst through the door with Kenma trailing behind him, looking down at his phone.

Kageyama wasn't expecting both of them, so he said, "Kenma? I'm surprised you came, I thought you didn't like me."

Kenma didn't look up, "I don't really care about you either way, but Shoyo's here too, even if he isn't as interesting in this state. Plus, you're stealing my boyfriend. It's not that I mind that much when he's gone, but I feel like without me, you two might make some stupid decisions."

"Hey!" Kuroo exclaimed, "I mean, you're not wrong, but Kenma, we talked about being nicer to people."

Kenma seemed genuinely confused, "What part of that wasn't nice?"

Kuroo looked at Kageyama with a worried expression, "Don't take anything he says too seriously, he's just being honest. He doesn't like many people."

"That's okay," Kageyama said, "I don't like many people either, they're hard to deal with."

Kenma nodded, "This guy gets it. No wonder Shoyo likes him."

Kuroo grinned, " Aw, you're bonding. Maybe you two will be great friends by the end of this." Kageyama and Kenma both looked at Kuroo dubiously.

"I don't think so," they said at the same time.

Kuroo threw his hands in the air with exasperation, "How can you not see it?"

Kageyama turned to Kenma, "Is he always like this?"

"Nah," Kenma responded, "Sometimes he's worse."

Kuroo took a step away from them, "Maybe it was a mistake to let you guys hang out."

Kenma looked around at him, "You didn't let me do anything. I decided to come of my own free will."

"I drove you though," Kuroo pointed out.

"Only because you insisted on it," Kenma told him.

"Yeah, because I don't trust your driving abilities," Kuroo retorted.

Kenma opened his mouth, then shut it again and said, "Fair enough."

"If it makes you feel any better, I suck at driving too," Kageyama informed him.

Kenma gave him a high five, "I'm liking you more and more." Kageyama laughed at that, and suddenly felt his stomach twist in knot. He shouldn't be happy, Hinata was still in a coma, and he didn't get to experience joy right now, so why should Kageyama?