Chapter 19.

Once it got dark, everyone but Kageyama decided to head out. Leaving him and Hinata alone.

Kageyama turned to Hinata, "I never asked you, how did the tests go? Can you come home tonight?"

"Not tonight, but I can sleep at home after that. They want me to come back during the day for observation though, so this room will still be mine."

"Okay, do you want me to stay with you tonight?" Kageyama asked.

Hinata looked at his hands, "If it's not too much trouble. This is my first time sleeping in a hospital and I don't want to be alone."

"Well, technically you've been sleeping here for two weeks," Kageyama pointed out.

"Yes, that's true, but you know what I meant," Hinata huffed, "I've never fallen asleep at a hospital before," he corrected himself, "Does that make you feel better?"

"Yes, actually, thank you," Kageyama grinned.

"Glad I could be of service, your Highness," Hinata responded. Kageyama grimaced, he hated being called that, but he decided to cut Hinata some slack since Kageyama was still just happy Hinata was awake. Hinata looked concerned, "Kageyama, are you feeling well? I expected you to hit me for that."

"I'm fine! I'm just trying to be nice to you," Kageyama snapped back.

"Why?" Hinata asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Kageyama responded.

To Kageyama's surprise, Hinata's eyebrows furrowed, "Look, I get it, and I realize you think you're being good, so I appreciate it, but I also don't want you to treat me like I can't handle myself. I'm not I child you know, I don't need you to feel like you need to protect my feelings because I got hit by a car. I also dislike it because I love you Kageyama, and I want you to enjoy being around me, and feel like you're being yourself, so if I say something you don't like, just insult me back. It's what we've always done, so what's your problem with it now?"

"You're in the hospital because of me, I don't feel like I deserve to get mad at you over something as trivial as a dumb nickname," Kageyama replied, trying to keep his voice from breaking, "Like you said, it's always been this way, but I want you to know I care about you, and I feel like fighting all the time doesn't show that. You could've died Hinata, and I would've regretted my actions so much. I'm such a terrible person that instead of telling you I love you, I called you a dumbass."

Hinata reached up to touch Kageyama's cheek, "That's the beauty of our relationship, I know it means the same thing." He stood on his tip toes and gave Kageyama a kiss, then whispered, "Don't ever stop calling me a dumbass."

Kageyama stared down into Hinata's eyes, "Are you sure?"

Hinata smiled, "Of course I am, idiot."

"Well okay then, dumbass," Kageyama said, pulling Hinata closer to him.

That night, for the first time in what felt like forever, Kageyama was happy he didn't fall asleep instantly. Hinata was asleep, but it felt a lot different from when he was in his coma, because he was snuggling up against Kageyama. Kageyama breathed in the scent of Hinata's orange shampoo, and hugged him tighter. Now, that he was finally back, Kageyama would never let him go again. He would sacrifice anything to protect Hinata from any more harm. Kageyama closed his eyes, and though he didn't know how long it took him to start sleeping, it was extremely pleasant when it did happen.

The next day went well, Hinata and Kageyama were alone together for most of it, but Kageyama didn't have any issues with that. Natsu and Hinata's mom did come by to see him now that he was awake. His mother burst into tears as soon as Hinata greeted her, but she seemed extremely happy and relieved. Natsu just happily began relaying everything she'd done while Hinata was out.