Chapter 25.

After a minute, Kenma knocked on the door, "Hey, you're being kind of loud, I'd get Kuroo, but he's out right now." The door opened slowly. Kenma surveyed Kageyama with a worried expression, "Um, I don't really know what to do for you, but do you want to play games with me?" he asked tentatively.

Kageyama wiped away his tears and tried to regain he composure, "Sure. I don't really play video games though, so I probably won't be very good."

"That's alright. I'm pretty patient." Kageyama was very wary of that, but he still followed Kenma out of the room. Kenma pulled up a chair for Kageyama, introduced him to the audience, and pointed out where the camera was.

"Okay, I know you're going through some shit, but I don't know how to console you, so I won't be treating you any differently," Kenma told Kageyama as he handed him a controller. Kageyama hadn't been lying about being bad at video games, but Kenma had been lying about being patient.

"I didn't know you were going to be this bad!" He exclaimed, "We're going to lose!" Kageyama didn't get upset though. There was something strangely comforting to him about being yelled at by a small angry boy. Kageyama just tried to do better, but it became even more difficult when Peanut Butter came over and curled up in his lap. Kenma glanced down, "Of course that little bastard likes you."

Kageyama shifted, he wasn't expecting it to like him, "Why did you call him that? I thought you liked cats."

"I do. It's an endearing term for him. Only him though," he turned towards the camera, "when I call you guys bastards, I'm definitely not trying to be nice." Kageyama looked at Kenma, he was a bit odd, but that was alright. He was glad Kenma and Kuroo could be his friends, it was good to have some sort of company right now. He hoped that he hadn't been too mean to them earlier. Kageyama focused back on Kenma, who was now flipping off his computer, "Dammit, we lost!" He sighed and turned off the camera, "Well, I'll see you later I guess." He got up and awkwardly patted Kageyama on the head. Then, went off towards the couch, flopped down, and pulled out his phone.

Kageyama wandered into the kitchen. There was a bowl of fruit on the counter, and Kageyama grabbed an orange. Before thinking, he began to peel it and split it in half. Then he stopped himself as he realized he had no one to split it with. Now he was surrounded by the smell of oranges and half an orange in both hands. It was almost too much for him to handle. He felt his eyes start watering once again. He bit his lip hard to try and stop himself, but it didn't work, and now he tasted blood.

He made a split-second decision, got up, pulled on a coat, and, with the orange still in hand, ran out of the apartment. He had a destination in mind, but it was pretty far away, so even though he was running as fast as he could it was going to take him a while. On his way, he passed through a park, and decided to pick some flowers to bring along with him, and then continued running. After about an hour, he reached the beach. It was the beach where him and Hinata had had their first date. He walked out onto the pier while eating his half of the orange. Once he got to the water, he sat down and let his legs dangle. He kissed the other half of the orange and threw it in the water with the flowers.

"I won't ever forget you, Hinata."