Chapter 16.

Kageyama dropped his book. That was the happiest he'd ever been to hear his own name. He quickly looked up and saw Hinata attempting to sit up.

Kageyama pulled Hinata into a hug and kissed him all over, "Oh my god, I thought you weren't going to wake up."

Hinata laughed weakly, "You can't get rid of me that easily."

Kageyama was elated, "I would never want to get rid of you, I love you so much."

"You didn't respond with an insult," Hinata commented, "How long was I out?"

"Two and a half weeks," Kageyama told him, "but it felt like so much longer."

"Well, you seemed to be in the middle of something, did you want to finish?" Hinata asked.

Kageyama picked up the book, "Oh, I was almost done, all I had left was 'and they lived happily ever after.'"

Hinata shrugged, "Well that's a good enough story for me. You know how much I love good endings." Hinata glanced around the room at Kageyama's schoolwork, the stuffed dog, and some sketches Kageyama had done on notebook paper. He picked one of them up, "Did you draw this? Is this me?"

Kageyama snatched the paper out of Hinata's hands, "Um, yeah, but that was just a rough sketch I did to plan for the finished drawing. It's a lot better than that."

Hinata was intrigued, "Ooo can I see it?"

"Yeah, of course. I was planning on giving it to you anyway," Kageyama said as he pulled out the journal. Hinata took it eagerly, but Kageyama put his hand on top of it, "Wait, before you open it, I just wanted to tell you that there's other stuff in there too. I wrote in it every day that you were asleep so you wouldn't have to miss as much."

"You're a writer and an artist? I really missed a lot," Hinata said.

Kageyama shrugged, "Well I'm not really good at either of them, but I did do my best."

Hinata opened the journal and gasped, "Kageyama, this is amazing, I love it so much." Hinata continued staring at the drawing, so Kageyama scooted over to look at it with him. Kageyama had used Hinata in real life as a reference, instead of a picture, because he hadn't been moving anyway and he liked it better. He had changed quite a few things though, instead of laying on a hospital bed, Hinata was on a bed of oranges and orange blossoms, and Kageyama had also drawn him awake and smiling. Hinata leaned his head on Kageyama's shoulder, "If you have any other hidden talents, you should tell me sooner." Hinata flipped to the next page which was covered with Kageyama's writing.

"This is so messy!" Hinata exclaimed, "I'm going to read it aloud and you can tell me if I'm getting any of it wrong." Kageyama didn't particularly want for it to be read aloud, but he agreed anyway, since he would do literally anything for Hinata right now. Hinata cleared his throat and began, "'I'm sitting here in this hospital chair watching you sleep. You're the only thing to look at in here, the rest of the room is pretty boring to be honest. It's not that I'm complaining though, don't get the wrong idea, I could look at your face forever.'

Aww you think I'm pretty. You're pretty too.

'I do kind of wish you were awake though. I'm a little lonely, I was with Kuroo earlier, but no one is the same as you. Ah, shit,'

Kageyama that's vulgar,

'I suppose this shouldn't be so boring, you are going to read it after all, and I don't want it to make you fall asleep. Believe me, I'm sure you'll have had plenty of that by the time you see this.'

Yeah that's true.

'I don't really know how to be interesting; you always say I am but I can't figure out why. You're always the one that people enjoy being around. Maybe I should try to be a little more like you. The only issue is, I don't know how to do that, so hopefully this isn't a terrible gift, I swear I'm trying. At least even if you hate it, this is making me feel a little better, because it's kind of like being able to talk to you again and I want to do that more than anything. Hopefully this is good enough for the first entry, I didn't do all that much today except for buy this journal, but I'll write some more tomorrow.'