rescued

•Tommy•

he understood the words philza and the others had said, but they didn't really click with him. he had been in this orphanage for 3 months without a call or anything from any of them. he hadn't seen them since social care took him from Wilburs. why had they only just come now?

he could feel his hands begin to tremble and he shoved them in his pockets.
"i'll leave you all alone to discuss." the director said with a tight lipped smile as she left the room.

tommy found his voice.
"i haven't heard from any of you! in three months!" his voice was hoarse and loud. he barely spoke, unless it was a faculty member or the director speaking to him. he had no friends within these walls.

tubbo fell silent, as did techno, which left wilbur and phil to explain.
"we didn't know where they took you toms. we searched orphanages all over Britain to find you." phil said with a sad smile.

tommy half believed the statement, it made sense, but the other reason they probably didn't find him is because they have their own lives and he couldn't blame them for that. tubbo had his own family to worry about, phil was married, wilbur and techno were busy people.

a sigh racked his lungs, he wanted nothing more than to leave the musty smelling orphanage.
"phil you don't need to do this." he offered, phil's gazed at him with bright eyes and let a gentle smile play at his lips.
"tommy, i want to, i've discussed it with kristen and techno and wilbur will be moving in as well. tubbo can visit whenever he wants." phil explained.

it made tommy feel a bit better knowing wilbur and techno were included.
"and kristen is 100% ok with it?" he mumbled
they nodded, "she actually was happy about it, it's been just us for a while she said company would be nice, and she wanted to help out any way she could."

this brought a sort of light to tommys eyes, although he couldn't see it himself, wilbur noticed it. it was a hidden smile.

"i've been here all morning filling out paperwork, so you're free to grab your stuff and come with me." phil explained happily (a/n once again if the whole adoption thing is wrong, sorry but i'm not gonna fix it because it's just for the fanfic... let's pretend i did it right :)

Tommy shuffled off to his shared room, bringing tubbo to grab his things with him. by things he just meant, a toothbrush, his phone that had been dead for months now because he wasn't technically allowed it, two hoodies, including the one he was wearing, and several other pieces of clothing.

he packed it all into his black backpack and slung it over his shoulder. the two boys moved to exit the room but tommy stopped in the doorway. his eyes gazed over the room. the uncomfortable beds, the windows that were glued shut. and the crappy bathroom in the corner, the used to be his only salvation when he wanted a minute alone.

he wasn't going to miss this place.

"you ready to go?" tubbo asked tugging on tommys arm a bit.
tommy winced a little as tubbo tightly gripped his wrist, but he made sure to hide it with a nod.

the two teens made their way down to the main hall where the directors and the others were stood waiting for them.

"alright tommy looks like you're all set, it's been lovely having you." the director gives him a sickly sweet smile, completely plastering it over her normal scowl.

he nods with a forced half smile and turns to head out the door with the others.

they all pile into phil's car, phil drives while techno sits in the front next to him. tommy ends up between wilbur and tubbo, even though tubbo has the shorter legs. he doesn't really mind, it feels secure.

"it'll be a bit of a long drive, so we'll make a stop for food about halfway." phil says.

"radio anyone?" techno offered.

wilbur and tubbo suddenly clamoured loudly to get their respective songs on, but wilbur eventually won. he put the hamilton soundtrack on, and tommy knew it was definitely to cheer him up.

for a moment when he heard the melody of the first song, he was able to forget the past months. he didn't start singing it as loud as wilbur, but he did mouth them lightly, which brought a very small smile to his lips.

"in new york you can be a new man." he mouthed the words while wilbur scream sang them.

phil could see tommy in his rearview mirror and couldn't help but smirk at tommy and wilbur. tubbo was giggling wildly as wilbur waved his hands around excessively.

after a while, they let the songs fade into the background. they had come to get tommy in the evening so it was already growing dark out the window.

tommy hadn't had a full night sleep in almost three days, his eyes were beginning to grow droopy and tired. he didn't know exactly when it was that he fell asleep, but at some point his eyes shut and he slumped forwards.

•Wilbur•

Wilbur felt a light weight on his shoulder and he looked over to see tommys blonde head resting gently on his shoulder. his eyes were shut and he was breathing lightly.

"awwwww phiiiilllll looooook." wilbur said quietly like an excited puppy.

phil glanced through the rearview mirror and smiled.
"must've been tired." he gently laughed. "same with tubbo too." techno added.

wilbur looked over and saw tubbo with his head against the window snoring softly, it wasn't a disturbing snore, just quiet and calm, signifying he was definitely asleep.

(time skip to about 45 minutes)

"i'm going to exit up here so we can get some food." phil said as he drove through the exit and into a fast food parking lot. "ok they don't have a drive thru, i'll go get stuff, does one of you wanna come with?"
techno nodded, saying wilbur should stay because he already had a sleeping tommy on his shoulder. 

they were gone for about five or so minutes before tommy began to stir. Wilbur put his phone in his pocket and turned to the teen.
"tommy?" he whispered quietly.

tommys hands were evidently shaking, and he began to mumble inaudible words. he seemed clearly panicked.

"hey, tommy... tommy you're all right." he mumbled shaking the boys shoulders gently.

tommy gasped loudly and opened his eyes. it took him a few seconds, until he realized he was in the backseat of phil's car.

"you alright?" wilbur asked him.

tommy shrunk back into his seat, his hands were still shaking pretty badly, wilbur noticed him shove them into his pockets.

"I..." he hesitated for a moment as if deciding to say something else or not. "Yeah, just a bad dream." he finished.

(a/n i just wrote this chapter in the car while delivering gifts to my family members. i'm sorry if it's not as good, but the next chapter should be out after christmas, just because i'm going to be busy the next two days. but i hope you guys like it and thank you all so much for the votes and reads. this fanfic is already getting more attention than i even thought it would. so thank you all so much, happy holidays!! i hope whatever your situation is, you're able to have a decent holiday season :)