reinforcements

•Tommy•

Everything was a bit of a blur when he woke up. for a second panic crept into his throat before he realized where he was, on Wilburs couch in his living room.

He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes, his head ached painfully and he looked over to his left to see Wilbur at the opposite end of the couch staring at his phone with headphones plugged into his ears.

Tommy sat forwards and placed his head in his hands as the memories from the night before came rushing back. There was no way any of this was real.

"Hey Tommy." Wilbur said tugging an earbud out of his ear.
Wilbur had an anxious look on his face. he had gotten no information out of Tommy last night and was now extremely worried.
"Are you ok to talk to me now big man?" he offered the teen a light smile and tommy shakily nodded his head.

"I.. uh." Tommy took a deep breath. Wilbur scooted a bit closer to him, still giving him a bit of space. "last night after stream, i... i went to bed when the police showed up at my door. they uh... they told me my parents died. then they a-asked me if i had any relatives to stay with." he paused and sighed shakily, "i told them my aunt, but then i realized that she lived 4 hours away so I just said your address because it was close by." He closed his eyes for a second. "I shouldn't have come here, it was rude of me, in the middle of the night, especially without asking you first." 

He could feel tears prick the back of his eyes but he refused to let them surface, so instead he blinked a few times until they went away.

Wilbur was in absolute shock as he watched Tommy. He tried to contain himself so he didn't overwhelm the teen, but he couldn't believe what he'd just heard.

"Tommy... I can't believe that happened to you, I'm so incredibly sorry. listen, you showing up at my door is completely ok, i'm glad you turned up here, you're always welcome and I need you to know I'm here for you." Wilbur reached over and put an arm around the boy hesitating to make sure it was ok, when Tommy have a subtle nod Wilbur pulled him into a side hug.

Tommy rested his head against Wilburs shoulder and sighed loudly, he was glad to have someone like Wilbur but he had no idea what he was going to do with his life now.

"I think we should call some reinforcements." Wilbur said with an attempt at a smirk.

Tommy gave him a quizzical look and Wilbur turned on his phone.
"Philza and Techno are together right now and I was supposed to meet up with them today, we were going to hangout with you too, but I'll call them and tell them to come here." he said

tommy gave him a sad look.
"I didn't mean to crash your plans. you can go see them I'll be fine by myself." he said
"no tommy I'm not leaving you alone right now, and besides i'd rather stay in than go out anyways."

He removed his arm from the teen and stood up, his phone dialing Philza as he left to go to the kitchen.
Tommy could overhear the hushed conversation Wilbur was having.

"hey phil... listen, I was wondering if you and Techno wanted to come to my place? Tommy showed up in the middle of the night last night, he was a complete wreck Phil." There was a pause where Tommy assumed Phil was talking. "no he's still here. His um... His parents passed away last night." There was a long silence before Wilbur spoke again. "Ok that's a good idea, I'll see you soon."

Wilbur came back into the living room.
"They're on their way, should be here in an hour or so, would you like some breakfast?" he asked calmly.

Tommy shook his head silently. He couldn't eat right now, his stomach was still full of anxiety, he knew he would probably throw up.

"ok, well i'll make some food, just let me know if you change your mind."

(time skip to when phil arrives)

The doorbell rang and since Wilbur was getting dressed, Tommy went over to answer it. He opened the door and saw a worried looking Techno and Philza. And behind them he saw a third person. The person shuffled forwards and walked past Techno and Phil and into Tommys arms.

Tommy hugged Tubbo tightly, once again he felt the tears prick at the back of his eyes, but he managed to get them to shrink away again as Tubbo let go.

"We thought you'd want to see him." Phil smiled carefully and the two men walked into the house after tubbo.

"Where's Wilbur?" Techno asked glancing around.
"He-"
"right here!" Wilbur called as he rushed down the stairs.
"Hey guys."
They took turns exchanging hugs, although Techno looked a little awkward about it.

Wilbur walked off to talk with the others leaving Tommy and Tubbo alone in the living room. Tubbo started talking to Tommy, and as much as he wanted to listen to his best friend, he couldn't focus. His mind was wandering a mile a minute and he couldn't believe any of this was happening to him.

"Tommy?" Tubbo finally said after a few minutes, he had apparently caught on that Tommy was elsewhere.

"huh? oh sorry Toby. I was just lost in thought." He trailed his gaze to the floor

"That's all right mate. How're things, up there?" he asked knocking on the side of his own head.

Tommy closed his eyes for a second, wishing that he didn't have to speak anymore. "Not so great. It's a hell of a mess, I can barely register what's happening." He admitted as he ran a hand through his hair.

Tubbo opened his mouth to say something when Techno walked in.
"Hey Tommy, you and I are going to go to your house to pick up some of your things, alright?" he said. Tommy nodded silently even though he desperately didn't want to go back to his house.

The two of them left Wilburs and got into Phil's car. Tommy was surprised that Techno knew how to drive on the left side of the road when he was normally used to the right. But he remembered how smart Techno was and decided not to say anything.

a/n i know it's a bit of a slow start, don't worry it'll get better.