a promise

•Tommy•

He sat alone in the hallway, his back pressed up against a wall. It was growing darker and wherever he was right now was very silent. nobody seemed to be around him.

Tubbo had gone home, his mum came to grab him and he promised to call Tommy everyday. George had to go soon but for now he was with Techno, Tommy didn't know what they were doing.

Phil was with Wilbur, they had been talking about what was going to happen next and once tommy heard the words psychiatric ward he had gotten up and left. He couldn't listen anymore, he knew they were gonna send wills away for a while and he couldn't be without him for that long. No contact with his brother? it was impossible. After what just happened tommy wanted to keep him in his sights always. Besides he'd heard about the rough treatments people had received in the wards.

He tucked his head into his knees and breathed deeply, letting the air flow in and out of his mouth. He just needed a few minutes in silence.

•Techno•

Techno felt like breathing normally wasn't an option anymore. He sat silently in a chair outside of Wilburs room with George. His heart was still beating very fast and he could find himself unable to take deep breaths. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes, he wanted Wilbur to be ok.

After he had cried in Tommys arms, it had brought back all the memories from his moms death that he had tried insanely hard to push down and hide. And he had almost let it slip when he hugged Wilbur. They knew Technos mother died, but they didn't know how.

flashback (Techno age 12)

Techno ran upstairs his feet clumping loudly on the steps. His father wasn't home so he didn't care that he was being loud. His father wasn't a bad man per say he was just very strict and wound up all the time. Techno was looking for his mother, she had promised him earlier that she would take him out to get hot chocolate at the coffee shop near the park if he did all his chores. He had just finished them and was excited to get hot chocolate.

He pushed open the door and ran inside her room. She was sleeping on the floor? He ran up to her with a slight concern and shook her shoulder.
"mom? why are you sleeping on the floor? c'mon let's go." he shook her again.

TW:suicide
Her body just rolled to the side as he shook her. Then that's when he noticed the blood. Up and down both her wrists were deep gashes that had been bleeding profusely, the blood sunk through her sleeves and into the carpeted floor around her. how had he not realized at first? Shock filled his lungs and he found himself unable to breathe. He yanked her phone from her bedside table and immediately called an ambulance. By the time they got there he finally realized what had happened, reality finally sunk in. His hands grew cold and clammy and his heart thumped dangerously against his chest. As the EMTs pronounced her dead, he let out a scream of pain before falling to his knees and into a mess of sobs.

flashback end

Techno shook away the memories and threaded a hand through his hair. He didn't want them to send wilbur away to a ward. He needed to keep wilbur safe.

•Tommy•

Tommy felt an arm on his shoulder and he looked up slowly.
"Hey kid. You probably shouldn't be here on your own, wanna tell me where you were?" a woman in a large doctors coat says to him.

He stands up and is able to mumble the room number that Wilburs in. It takes them a few minutes but she eventually gets him back to the part of the hospital he recognizes. he thanks her and sits in the empty chair next to techno, he can hear Phil and Wilburs conversation inside now.

"Wilbur I have to send you to the psych ward. I have to ok, I'm not a certified psychiatrist I can't give you the help you need. These people can Will please just trust me. I love you bud I need you to know that, I just want them to help you." Tommy can feel the lump in his throat return as Phil speaks.

Wilbur looks as though he might be angry, but tommy watches as he bites his lip to refrain from speaking.

"How long Phil. Please say it's not long." When Wilburs voice comes back it's pleading, Tommy knows he doesn't want to go away.

"Two weeks at the start and if they deem you fit, you can leave. But if not then the time there is really up to how long it takes to get better." Tommy flinched at those words.

Techno noticed Tommys agitation and placed a hand on his arm.
"Techno I don't think Phil understands that you can't just, get better, right away. It doesn't work like that." He grumbled

Techno sighs. His broken voice responds.
"I know, and wilbur has serious ups and downs so sometimes he will seem so incredibly happy and i'm just afraid that the doctors won't let him go when they see how extreme it can be." he mumbled.

Tommy glanced at Techno. He'd been the one to be there for Wilbur, for years now, and he could see that techno was afraid to let wilbur get actual help in case they didn't know what to do.

"what if- what if he has a panic attack and they don't understand that the only thing to calm him down is comfort from someone he trusts. Or when he has a nightmare and needs someone to remind him where he is. What if- T-They don't understand him, and they just treat him like shit. I-I've heard how bad they sometimes treat the p-people in there Tommy. I don't want them doing t-t-that t-to will." Techno shuddered and leaned forwards taking thick gulps of air.

Tommy understood what techno meant, he didn't want those people to mess up wilbur any more.
Techno stood up suddenly and george stood up too. Techno looked incredibly panicked now and it was clear to tommy that he was having a panic attack.

Techno was different to wilbur though and tommy knew that, wilbur needed a hug and techno, he wasn't exactly sure but he knew it probably wasn't a hug.

George attempted to speak to the brunette but he just clamped his hands to his ears and fell to his knees.

"alright, ok techno." Tommy dropped in front of him now. "Techno can you grab my hands, and just squeeze them as hard as you can." He abs to ground his brother, keep him with him.

Techno reluctantly gripped tommys hands and squeezed them.
"Ok now you need to breathe with me." he took deep breathes in and out and waited for techno to copy him.

"Ok back in the chair c'mon." as Techno calmed down George and Tommy pulled him back into his seat and Tommy let Techno rest his head against his shoulder.

"Together, you and me we won't let anyone hurt him." Tommy held out his hand and stuck out his pinky. Techno locked their pinkies and took a shaky breathe.
"Promise."