together again

•Wilbur•

Wilburs hands shook as he entered the psychiatric ward. Tommy, Techno and Kristin had said bye already because they weren't allowed any further. Tommy had started crying and then got mad at himself for crying, and Techno just looked so out of it and almost in another world.

Phil walked next to Wilbur as he was escorted to the main group area in the ward. Phil turned to him and gave him a big hug and a kiss on his forehead before the doctors walked him away. Wilbur stood shakily next to one of the psychiatrists. They held a clipboard loosely in their left hand. they had short brown hair that went past their ears and small circle glasses. Wilbur thought they looked kind of cool, despite the fact that they were one of the people evaluations him here.

They'd already introduced themselves as Dr. Rivers and stated that their pronouns were they/them or that wilbur could just call them Dr. Rivers. The psychiatrist led wilbur through the common room and into his room.

It was white and bare. the bed had no frame around it and was just on a wooden box thingy that was painted white. It had a blanket on it and the walls were all completely bare. You couldn't lock the doors and they were more just divots that you grabbed and pushed or pulled to open.

The bathroom was just as empty, it had a sink and a toilet but the taps were weird sensored things and there wasn't a mirror in front of the sink. There was one in the other room but it was protected by a heavy duty plastic film thingy. He didn't know how he could survive this.

a/n sorry if this isn't very accurate i'm just writing it based off of what i know. also i'm going to be writing some tommy and techno perspective below but then i'll be doing a time skip to when wilburs time is over.

•Techno•

Tommy tugged on Technos arm and pulled him away from the car and into the house. Techno wasn't even really paying attention as tommy spoke to him and dragged him to his room.

He knew that he was sitting at his desk but he wasn't exactly present. that was until tommy snapped his fingers in front of his face loudly. He flinched backwards and focused on the blonde in front of him.

"sorry." he mumbled quietly as he ran a hand through his soft brown hair. He pushed his glasses up, screw contacts, he had cried too much recently and it was a bitch to put them in mid tear sesh.

"it's alright big man." Tommy sat quietly on his phone and Techno appreciated the company. the two of them had refused to leave each others sides. They were always with each other and they caught all the break downs so that neither would have to worry.

Techno felt bad that his fifteen year old brother should have to worry about him so much, but at least it was in turn with one another.

Tommy had his hand on Technos shoulder when Techno looked up.

"Pact. I made one, ready?" He said with a slight grin. the closest thing. techno had seen to his real smile in a while now. "When one of us falters or falls. Yeah when one of us falls, we will catch them. This includes will when he gets back. and I know we were already doing this, but i just wanted to say it out loud, give it some meaning i guess." he finished and techno felt a small light sort of dawn on him.
"Alright tommy, it's a deal."

timeskip - wilburs coming home!! a/n so basically i time skipped his stay at the ward but he will have flashbacks to his time there and you can see it. so mentally right now he's gonna be doing better, doesn't want to die anymore but definitely  still dealing with the heavy aftermaths of his attempt. Tommy is eating properly again, he's not having his panic attacks anymore and hasn't cried in a while, he does still get nightmares though. Technos been better too, no crying, no breakdowns or nightmares but he has been having panic attacks (that's kinda just an overview of the next little bit)

Techno pulled a thick red hoodie on and plopped down on the couch with his grey blanket and book. Today Wilbur would be home, and he needed to be calm. Lately his anxiety had been through the roof and he had just stopped taking his anxiety pills all together. they made him tired and dizzy all the time, and they were such a high dosage that after taking one he could only function properly for about four hours before needing to sleep. The only issue with them being such a high dosage was that they were a high dosage for a reason, and now without them he'd been so extremely anxious all the time.

Tommy was outside with Tubbo, he had no idea what they were doing but he was happy to hear them screeching loudly and laughing at each other. Loud british children, he snorted and turned his gaze back to the words on the page.

He began reading for a while until he got distracted by the feeling of the blanket on his leg. It felt rough and annoying so he kicked it off and returned to the book. But then he got distracted by how the pages felt beneath his fingers as he turned them. he shit the book and put it down rising to his feet. Phil was gone to go get Wilbur, and Kristin... yes Kristin that's who he needed to get. Normally he didn't go to people when he was anxious or on edge. Actually no he never did. Sometimes they came and helped but he wasn't one to ask for help. Yet right now he knew what was coming and he needed Kristin.

The lights around him began to hurt his eyes, his feet as they hit the floor factored into his ears as loud booming stomps. He was able to make it to the office where Kristin was.

He knocked on the door and immediately covered his ears as the sound ricocheted back to him ten times louder. The door screamed as it opened and he saw Kristin. She took one look at him and gently led him to her and Phil's room.

She moved to the light switch and turned them off.
"Ok, Tech you just need to take some breathes. Everything's alright." she whispered very quietly, knowing that the sensory overload he was experiencing would hear that as a normal tone of voice.

He gulped and nodded, he took some deep breathes. Luckily for him he wasn't experiencing a panic attack as well as a sensory overload because that sometimes didn't end very well.

"you took your meds today right?" she asked him and he nodded slowly.

She believed him but he felt bad. because he'd been saying that to her for a while now. and it wasn't the case, it had been two weeks since he'd taken them. and it had been three since wilbur had been here.

He really missed his brother. Tommy was extremely helpful, but he was missing the third piece, the third brother and he needed him back here.

There was a loud knock at the front door and Techno took a deep breath. Luckily his sensory overload hadn't lasted too long and the sound of the knocking was only slightly louder than normal.

"it's gotta be Phil and Wilbur, you ready to see him?" Kristin asked calmly to which Techno nodded.

Together the two of them walked to the front door and opened it. Immediately a set of arms wrapped around Technos shoulder. It was a bit overwhelming and he stiffened at first, but he soon relaxed and hugged wilbur back tightly. He smelled like hospital, but Techno didn't mind. He had his brother back.

a/n another chapter?? what! haha so i published the other one and instantly started this one. and here you go, 2 chapters in one night!