wake up

welp here's tommy and wilbur angst 😝

previously;
that night he dreamt of his parents...

•Techno•

Techno was growing increasingly more worried for both his brothers. Especially Wilbur. Tommy wasn't doing great but at least he felt like he was getting through to him. Wilbur was starting to have panic attacks nearly every day and he just seemed to be so out of it and jumpy all the time, like his nerves were on a constant high. techno knew it had nothing to do with tommy, and that wilbur was just becoming worse of his own accord.

He had just finished a stream and shut down his pc. his brothers were both supposedly asleep in tommys room where he had left them, but nonetheless he decided to check on them. it was only 12 in the morning.

When he walked in he was surprised to see tommy sitting upright with his head titled back against the headboard. Techno made his way over to the blonde and sat down on the bed next to him.

"You all right bud?" he asked lightly.

Tommy shook his head, which was honestly surprising to him. he'd expected tommy to lie and then force him to pry it out of him. but this was way easier.

"what's wrong?" techno never really realized how calming he could make his voice until he did it.

"i-i just..." tommy sighed and slouched forwards taking a deep breath. "i had a dream about my parents."

techno felt a twang at his heart. he and tommy hadn't talked about tommys parents at all yet. discrediting right after they died. techno knew the feeling, when phil adopted techno he was 12. his dad was an unfit caregiver and his mom had just died. the grief he had carried, hung on him like a noose around his neck, wanting to pull tighter with every breath he took. it remained there for a while until he was able to slip it off. it left a mark, he'd never forget the pain of losing his mother. but he was happier now. besides he hadn't cried since he was 13 and that was a special acheivemt of his. was it healthy? debateable, but techno didn't rlly care. sure he'd had panic attacks and breakdowns but none of them involved a single tear. pog.

"what was the dream about." techno asked

"i don't remeber too much, just my parents voices. they were happy and they were calling for me a-" his voice broke and techno watched as tommy bit his lower lip to conceal a sob.
"and they just wanted to hug me once more. w-w-why does my brain d-do this?" his voice was shaking now.

he took a few steadying breaths and looked into technos eyes.
"tommy listen to me. no matter how real it felt it was only a dream. your brain was probably just depicting how much it missed your parents. and as much as the dream may have sucked, it's common and it's gonna be alright. you know you can talk to me about them." techno said letting the smallest smile work it's way into his features.

tommy nodded and leaned back into his pillow. techno was mildly aware of wilbur stirring beside them. he was turned away from them but as techno looked at him a bit closer he could see that he was shaking.

tommy seemed to notice too, and right before tommy was about to place a hand on wilburs shoulder, the teenager shot upright causing both tommy and techno to flinch.

"fuck!" wilbur whisper shouted.
techno watched as he heaved for air, his breathes coming in shorter and shorter. wilbur was trying to grab something and techno immediately knew what has happening.

wilbur was only half awake and he was clearly just searching for reassurance that someone was there. techno nudged tommy to put his hand on wilbur shoulder because he was the closer one and tommy listened.

at tommys touch wilbur flinched but then let himself relax more. he was still heaving for air as he let his head droop forwards.

then a sob racked his lungs. it was more of a cough at first and it took the two boys a second to realize wilbur had started crying.

techno immediately hopped up beside wilbur now and pulled him into a tight hug while tommy squeezed his hand.

"hey will? what's wrong man?" he felt his heart ache as wills muffled sobs into his shoulder shook his body.

wilbur didn't respond for a couple minutes. he had his head firmly pressed onto technos shoulder, his shoulders heaved with every sob.

"you're alright will, we're both here." tommy offered squeezing to older boys hand gently. techno could tell that tommy was worried now, he looked a bit worried earlier when wilbur had to leave the room, but especially now that wilbur finally broke down if front of him.

to be fair it had been at least a month since one of wilburs breakdowns and techno knew that they were coming close to one. wilbur remained silent(other than his sobs) in technos arms even as the door opened behind them.

Phil walked in. he had obviously just gotten home from his friends place. without saying anything he moved to the bed to sit with his three kids. techno gently nudged wilbur to phil. phil wrapped his arms around him and rubbed his back gently.

phil didn't know about wilburs panic attacks, technos fear of thunderstorms, or tommys eating and previous self harm issues. and techno felt bad keeping it from him, he just didn't know if their dad could handle it. he knew about technos moderate anxiety that he had meds for, and he knew that sometimes everything just became a lot for wilbur, and he knew that tommys life wasn't exactly all sunshine and rainbows, but he was still in tha dark about a lot.

wilbur sniffled quietly in phil's shoulder.
"sorry. i- i don't even remeber what i dreamt about, but whatever it was left about in my stomach. i started crying and i couldn't stop." he explained although his voice was slightly muffled by phil's knit sweater.

"don't apologize will, it's all right, as long as you're ok." phil said gently.

he helped wilbur to his feet and they talked silently as they walked to wilburs room.

techno stood up and told tommy to go back to sleep.

"blade?"
"yeah tommy?"
"I-" tommy took a breath and put a small smile on his face "thank you for everything."