Chapter 30

"How is everything there?" asked Ash.

"Under control and well," replied the former gym leader and Kanto Elite Four member Sabrina.

Ash was in his room. Due to the bad weather, the activities have been postponed for today. The boy was lying on his bed, with one leg on top of the other, and talking to Sabrina in a video call. Pikachu was taking a nap beside him.

"What did you do?" Sabrina asked him suddenly. Ash was perplexed.

"Huh?"

She sighed. "I know you Ash. Whenever you have made some sort of stupid mistake, you always carry a distant and uncertain look in your eyes. So what do did you do this time?" the Psychic type expert asked again, presenting the facts precisely leaving Ash dumbfounded.

"N-nothing. I can have some other thoughts in my mind too," he protested as Sabrina shook her head.

"I am a Psychic," she stated plainly. "Lying to me won't work."

Ash sit up.

"Yes. I am aware of your abilities. But we are in a goddamned video call. How can you even tell if I am lying or not?" he said with a smirk.

"So that means you are?" she asked, returning the smirk.

Ash sighed in annoyance. This woman really gets on his nerves sometimes.

"Anyways, what are the reports on Team Cosmos?" Ash asked in a business-like tone.

"Nice way to change the topic," Sabrina muttered. Ash just ignored her.

"Yes, about them. There is still no clue on where they could be. The only lead we have in our hands is the two hunters, who fortunately didn't die like the other one," she said narrowing her eyes, as Ash coughed a bit.

"They are currently being interrogated by our officers, but they-" Sabrina said when Ash interrupted her.

"Havent spoke a word?" Ash guessed the rest of her sentence as she confirmed with a nod.

He sighed. "Keep it going. Use force if necessary. But we need answers from them," Ash said in a strict tone. Sabrina flinched a bit before she questioned.

"Why is that?"

"I believe they know something about Team Cosmos's next move. And I have a hunch it's related with this academy," Ash expressed his thoughts as Sabrina looked deep in thoughts.

"If what you're saying is right, this is a serious matter," the dark green haired girl said. "I will intensify the interrogation and keep those two in remand. I will do it myself if necessary," she said the last line in a creepy tone as Ash gulped, feeling sorry for those hunters.

"Alright then, talk to you later," he said. When he was about to cut the call, Sabrina interrupted.

"You still haven't answered my question from earlier-"

"Drop it," Ash said curtly and cut the call. Sabrina was surprised from the action. However, after some moments, she couldn't help but giggle, recalling their conversation. The woman then quickly retained her cold composure, as she went back to her work.

Ash put his phone down and looked outside. It was now raining cats and dogs. He couldn't just sit around and do nothing so, he decided to head and roam around the campus a bit. Maybe battling someone in the indoor gyms would be nice.

He got up from his bed and looked at Pikachu. The mouse was sound asleep, but he still shook him up a bit.

"I will go and walk around a bit. I will pick you up before lunch, k?" Ash said in a low voice.