Chapter 10

"Sup Gary? "

"What's the matter Oak?"

"Anything exciting?"

"Why call us all of a sudden?"

"C'mon speak up already!"

"You guys are acting like little kids."

"Anything we can do to help?"

"Calm down guys let him speak first."

Gary sweatdropped.

After parting from the others, Gary decided to call the gang to inform them about the battle. There was no possible way he could go find them individually, so he decided to call them via phone. It seems there were pretty restive in this regard.

As soon everyone calmed down Gary spoke.

"The reason I called you guys because something amazing is going to happen," he exclaimed happily, hardly able to contain his excitement.

"Really? What is it?" asked Dawn.

"Yeah tell us. Please," added May.

Gary smirked as he replied, "The thing is...."

Everyone raised their ears to listen intently.

"There is going to be a battle on the main stadium in about 15 minutes." As he said that, some looked unimpressed, while some of them fell anime style.

"REALLY OAK??!" screamed Misty."I was in the middle of ..... something, and you had to disturb me with a stupid battle!!"

"Yeah Gary it's not like we haven’t seen a battle before, " said May.

"If it's important, we can just watch it from our dorms via TV, maybe I can analyse the strategies or battling styles," said Max.

"Same for me," Sawyer said with a notebook in his hand.

"I am quite busy right now so maybe later," said Brock.

"Maybe I can watch if there are any dragon types," said Iris.

Serena, Calem, Trevor, Shauna, Tierno, Bonnie, Cilan, Goh, the Alola gang, gave similar responses like that.

Gary was tensed. "No no no. You guys don't  understand," he said catching their attention again. "You have to see this one, trust me." Gary said almost begging.

"What's so special about it anyway?" asked Mallow.

Gary didn’t want to blast the bomb right now. He couldn’t just tell them straight away like that. He had to come up with a different plan. An idea came to his mind. He wasn’t willing to do it, but it was worth it.

"Everyone! Listen!" he said in a demanding and a serious tone which caught everyone by surprise.

"Come and watch this battle. If you feel like I wasted your time, I promise on my manhood I will give each and every one of you a free meal for the whole month at the Lumiose Sky High Restaurant." Gary said with a single breath.

After hearing that, everyone looked like someone had thrown a truck to their face.
After a few moments of silence, Cilan recovered first as he spoke.

"Wow Gary, you just promised to give each of us a treat for a whole month at the most expensive restaurant in Lumiose City maybe the whole Kalos, just... for a.... battle?  he asked incredulously.

Gary gulped and replied, "Yes."

Everyone sighed at Gary's stupidity but decided to come anyway.

"Remember, you promised on your manhood, so I hope you know what will happen if you break it," Lana said with a creepy expression as all the girls giggled and broke into sinister grins. The guys couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor researcher.

'Please for Arceus's sake, Ash, please don't ditch me, not now,' Gary thought with a frightened expression.

"Who's battling anyway?" asked a curious Max.

"Paul is going to battle against a challenger for the entrance exam," said Gary as everyone was yet again, surprised.

"I never knew you admired Paul so much Gary," Dawn said, surprised.

"It's not Paul I'm interested in," Gary said.

"It's the challenger."  With that, Gary cut the call leaving a confused gang, but still he was able to conjure up curiosity in everyone.