chapter one

"hey, y/n, wanna go to the lake with tubbo and i?" a tall blonde asked as he sprinted up to the girl. his face adorned a large smile and his hair was slightly tasseled from the jog.

"yeah sure, give me a few minutes to change! don't tell wilbur, though, i'm not supposed to leave," she responded with a glance at her brother. y/n knew it was because he loved her and wanted to keep her safe, but so far nothing bad had happened, and deemed wilbur's rule unimportant. he probably wouldn't be too happy when he found out of the three's adventure, but she knew he wouldn't stay mad for long.

a few minutes later, she returned from her small cottage in combat boots, jeans, and a large black cloak that hid her weapons and other things. tommy and tubbo waited near the entrance to l'manberg for her, calling her name as she neared.

"so, do we need to get anything or are we going just to go?" y/n asked as the three left the tall black walls.

"i need to get some more red stone, but i can probably do that another time. i say we just walk around and talk," tubbo replied.

"i dont need anything either, so i think we're good." tommy spoke.

y/n noticed the difference in his tone. he was usually pretty brute, for lack of better terms, and spent much of his time teasing her about being female, but his voice was much gentler than usual, which was slightly odd.

disregarding the thought, she nodded in response. tommy led the way along a wooden path, with tubbo and y/n following behind him. she couldn't tell if he did it intentionally or not, but tommy somehow always ended up in the front. 

twenty mintes later, the 3 stood at the edge of the tree-line, facing a large blue lake. the water was extremely clear compared to the other bodies of water in the area; you could see fish, plants, and more from the surface. 

"hey, i'm gonna go look at the behive, sound good?" tubbo said, motioning towards a large oak tree across the lake. 

"okay, but be quick, we should probably get back before dark," y/n responded with a smile. she was more than willing to break wilbur's rules, but didn't want her brother to be too mad at them. tubbo nodded before jogging off.

"how are you, tommy?" she asked while turning towards the blonde boy next to her.

"good, how are you, woman?" he said. 

"no, i mean seriously. the war has been tough so far, how are you?" y/n said. it was true, dream and his men were ruthless. l'manburg simply wanted their independence, but dream was a stubborn bastard, in the words of tommy.

"i'm okay. i want it to be over already, but i know it'll be worth it when we win," tommy responded. 

she laughed slightly at his certainty. although she admired his positive attitude, things weren't looking good at the moment. 

"well, i'm going to get some wood, want to help?" tommy said while pulling his axe into view. 

*

45 minutes later, tubbo, tommy and y/n decided it was time to head back. tommy carried a pretty heavy amount of wood, but he was too prideful to let the other two help him. 

"that was fun, guys, thanks for taking me. hopefully wil isn't too mad when we get back home," y/n said with a small smile. 

"oh, he'll be pissed, but it's fine. after all, he has bigger things to deal with besides us sneaking you here," tommy pointed out. 

before she could respond, the three heard voices nearby. they all snapped their heads to the left,   and ceased their footsteps. 

although they couldn't make out what the voices were saying, they definitely didn't belong to someone from l'manburg, meaning it was likely an enemy. 

"guys, we'll be best if we split up. we're not too far from home, so lets just sprint," y/n whispered.  the voices continued talking, which signified that they weren't yet aware of tommy, tubbo, and y/n's presence quite yet. 

the boys nodded at her, and they all sprinted off in separate directions. 

a few moments later, the voices stopped, leaving the three with no clue as to where their pursuers might be. y/n continued her sprint through the forest, wearing between trees and jumping over tree roots and bushes, until she heard a voice.

"hello? come on, we know you're out there," one said. she froze in her tracks.

"if you show yourself now we'll be nice," another one said.

obviously, she wasn't about to give up that easily, and took a few steps in order to hide behind a tree. but whoever was talking stopped, so she had no idea which way was safe to run. 

y/n pushed her back as far against the tree as possible, putting a hand over her mouth to try and muffle her heavy breathing. she wondered if tommy and tubbo were safe.

a few minutes later, she had yet to hear anything else. she peaked over the other side of the tree and saw nothing. she ran forward with her neck still turned to the other side, but then she crashed into something. hard. she would've been knocked to the ground if a large hand hadn't snaked it's way around her waist, pulling her back up.

y/n looked up only to see a tall man clad in green with a white mask covering his face. curly blonde hair poked out of the sides of his helmet, and he had on shiny black armor over his clothes. 

after she got over the initial shock of the whole situation, she muttered a small, "shit."

ignoring her words, he spoke, "got you,"  before he pushed her back up against the tree. his voice sent shivers down her spine. it was cold and spiteful, and an evil smile could be seen below the mask.

"hey george, sapnap, over here," he said while maintaining eye contact. two other boys emerged from the trees. one was much shorter than the other two, but still towered over her short self. he had on a blue shirt and white glasses, despite the lack of sun. 

the other one wore a bandana on his head, along with a white shirt and pants. she had no idea which one was sapnap and which one was george, but she had figured that the one pinning her to the tree was dream.

damn, if the three didn't kill her then wilbur was going to be more pissed than usual.

"what is a girl like you doing outside the l'maburg walls at night?" dream asked. the boy with the bandana chuckled. 

"sapnap, shut it," the boy with glasses said. 

ah, so bandana kid was sapnap and glasses kid was george. good to know.

dream rolled his eyes at his partners under the mask. "what should we do with you?" he muttered, studying her face.

trying not to show any fear, y/n put a bored facade on her face. "you could always let me go,"she said, raising an eyebrow slightly.

sapnap and george laughed. "she's funny, we should keep her, dream," sapnap said.

it was y/n's turn to roll her eyes. 

"hm, we could definitely kill you here and now, but i have a message to deliver. could you do that for me?" dream asked. 

she rolled her eyes again. of course he had to word it like that and make it sound like she was a fucking idiot.

upon seeing her reaction, dream's hand moved from her arm to her throat, blocking her airway completely. "i asked you a question, and i would like an answer," he stated coldly.

gasping for air, she simply nodded, unable to speak.

"good. now i want you to tell your leader that i want to see white flags in three days time. if i don't then i will not hesitate to kill every single one of you and blow up the entirety of your land, am i understood?" he said.

still being pinned to the tree by her throat, she nodded. 

"good girl," he said, before he let go and the three boys disappeared into the forest.