chapter eighteen

this is a rly short chapter but i wanted to split it into two parts so it makes more sense, the next one should be out like 5 seconds after this one lmao. also low iron gang rise up

after the awkward morning of waking up with dream, i tried to sleep as lightly as possible so to stay away from him. i had been successful, though that was not to say i wasn't terrified he would get a random burst of anger and murder me in my sleep.

i had yet to here any information of interest to me- everyone seemed to avoid any conversation relating to l'manburg in the slightest. i hated it, they wouldn't even tell me if my friends and family were okay. assuming they were all alive, they had to have injured of some sort, whether extreme or not. 

dream continued to torture me with his words over the days, he constantly mocked me and mentioned our little occurrence when i had escaped earlier. i generally ignored him, which became easier and easier as the days went on. what was hard to ignore, however, was the fact that i was growing increasingly weak. i had no idea why- i made sure i was standing up and walking around, only slept a normal amount, and tried my best to eat a full meal (that step was much harder, my stomach always started aching when a plate was placed in front of me). and despite all that i found it harder and harder to get out of bed each morning. when i stood up to quickly, my vision went fuzzy and my muscles felt weak for a few moments, until i recovered and continued doing as i was.

the cause of it was a mystery, but perhaps it was my leg. the bleeding had slowed, but the bandages were changed frequently to prevent them from being too soaked in the red liquid. dream had seemed to notice my change in behavior- my snarky and sarcastic remarks diminished along with my energy. he questioned me about it often, but i just told him i was tired. i still felt his disbelief, though, when one of my dizzy spells happened after standing up to quickly. 

this time, when i stood up after eating a few bites of breakfast, the fuzzy vision and weak feeling in my legs didn't go away after 10 or so seconds. and before i knew it, my vision went completely black and i collapsed to the ground.