chapter twenty three

technoblade was the one who found her.

he was certain the image would be imprinted in his memory for the rest of his life. there was no way he could forget the girl in that position. it was oddly majestic, in a tragic way. even in her death, she held a soft smile on her face, and if the blood wasn't there she could have almost been sleeping. although he didn't know her well, techno was sure it was something that would haunt his memories forever.

wilbur didn't attend the funeral.

he refused to admit the fact that it had actually happened, even weeks and months later. he refused to see her body, still hoping she would one day return to pogtopia and apologize for leaving for so long.

tommy was the first to actually process it.

he knew the horrible things that went on in the girl's mind, and he desperately wished to go back in time and help her. he knew it was bad, but he never would have guessed this would be the outcome.

tubbo didn't understand it at first.

how could someone so kind, happy, and optimistic do such a thing? how could she be gone? sure, her life wasn't perfect, but how did he never notice?

dream didn't believe it at first. perhaps it was some sort of physiological war tactic. it wasn't until he saw her lifeless body that it hit him like a train. the one girl he had loved, the only one he had ever truly felt for so immensely, had thrown herself off a cliff, and it was entirety his fault.

dream was too late.

it was too late,

too late to tell her how he felt.

too late to make her smile one last time.

too late to save her.