chapter twenty seven

The election snuck up on L'manburg quickly. Things didn't go as planned, and as the day approached Wilbur found himself counting votes for four times the planned amount of parties. There was Pog2020, the original party founded by Wilbur and Tommy, Swag2020, the second party run by Quackity and George, Coconut 2020 with Niki and Fundy, and finally Schlatt2020, of whom the leader was obvious. 

When Quackity found a hidden campaign poster and thought it unfair that there was only a single party, he quickly spread the news ensuring that he wasn't the only other party to join. Wilbur wasn't particularly worried at first, as there was no way enough people would vote for two people that weren't even citizens of the country, however after the total parties went from one to four he couldn't help but stress at the thought of losing.

After a long few hours of counting and re-counting votes, Wilbur leaned his elbows against his desk, resting his head in his hands as he rubbed his temples. Things were not goin the way he planned.

***

The following morning, Wilbur found himself standing on a podium, staring down at a large crowd of people. He held a smile as he scanned the audience. 

In the first row of chairs sat the four parties, not including Wilbur and Tommy, who stood side by side on the stage. The rest of the audience was in rows behind the first. Wilbur noted that Dream and Sapnap were in the audience. He wasn't expecting to see them today, especially considering George wasn't even present. Quackity claimed his running mate was still at home, and ensured Wilbur that he needed his beauty sleep and his presence wasn't necessary for the event to continue. 

Dream and Sapnap were in the far corner, and weren't conversing with anyone else. Wilbur held back a sigh of relief at the fact that Dream was leaving his sister alone. In the days between finding out she was back and the election, he visited frequently to chat with Y/n, claiming he was working to figure out how it was possible that she was a ghost. Wilbur was reluctant at first, but after hearing a list of threats he agreed. 

Y/n had, in all honesty, been a pain in the ass to deal with for the first few days. Wilbur felt he was constantly explaining simple things to her, although Tubbo seemed to notice his snappish mood and gently reminded him to be patient and hold onto the fact that she was here at all. 

Wilbur didn't know what he'd do without Tubbo. He knew he didn't appreciate the boy enough, as he balanced out the small group well. Tommy had a good set of strengths, but he was stubborn and didn't think before acting. Wilbur was in between, and he often found himself switching between being too patient and too irritable. 

Tubbo was the perfect match. Although outspoken, he was able to think on his feet and perform under pressure. He was also insanely funny, and didn't get enough credit for his humor as he should. Tommy was also extremely funny and entertaining, but his loud personality often outshined his friend's. Tubbo took it well, though, and stuck to Tommy's side despite that.

Wilbur snapped out of his thoughts as his watch beeped. He turned to the Tommy and nodded slightly, before moving up to the microphone and clearing his throat. He wanted a few moments and watched as people who were standing found their seats, and the quiet conversation ceased. 

"Hello! It's great to see everyone out here on this fine morning." He started. "I'm not going to keep you any longer, so let's get right into it."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small sheet of paper. He smiled slightly, seeing everyone on the edge of their seats. He took a moment longer than he should have, relishing in the power he had over them. As minor as it was, he had their complete and utter attention, and their future lay in his hands.

"In fourth place, with 4% of the votes, is Coconut2020." He announced. The crowd applauded, and Wilbur watched as Niki and Fundy high fived. 

"In third place, with 7% of the votes, is Schlatt2020." The crowd was quiet this time, and Schlatt stayed completely calm. He held a slight smirk on his face, and his arms were crossed as he leaned back in his chair. 

"In second place, with 40% of votes, is Swag2020," Wilbur said.

 The crowd started cheering like crazy. Tommy, still next to Wilbur, pumped his fist in the air yelling, "Let's fucking go! We did it Wilbur!" 

Wilbur let them have a moment, but then started shushing. 

"I haven't finished yet, please stay quiet," he tried, but to no avail. 

Tommy continued cheering, and Wilbur had to grab his shoulders and shake him to silence him. "Tommy, we haven't done it yet. Listen." The crowd stopped at the sight of this, and Wilbur turned back to the microphone.

"This means that Pog2020 got the most votes. However, Quackity approached me earlier and signed a contract that the entirety of his votes would be pushed towards Schlatt's party. This means that while Pog2020 got 46%, Schlatt2020 got a total of 47% and has therefore won."

*** 

a/n kinda a boring chapter that doesn't rotate around y/n very much, but the next will be form her pov and will be more interesting!!

thx for reading and don't forget to smash that vote button 

ew i hate that i said that sry

-