~Chapter Twenty~

Today is Sunday and instead of playing football like the guys usually do, we are going to the pond. We haven't been there for a while, We Curtis siblings used to go there with our parents before they died. I packed two extra pairs of clothes, there is no way anyone could stay dry when you with a bunch of guys. I had my bathing suit on under my clothes that I already have on. Darry was packing lunch, and the rest of the guys were fooling around. 

"Guys were gonna head out now!" Darry yelled from the kitchen. There were cheers and whoops from the boys. We all headed out the door, we were all pumped. About 10 minutes later we made it. Just as I set down my bag, I was tossed in the water by Soda. I came up to the surface, "Soda, you are done for," I said daringly. I got out of the pond and pushed him into the water. Then Darry pushed Pony in, causing Johnny to fall wide-eyed into the water. Dal took off his shirt and jeans and hopped in. 

"Hey, Dal, catch!" Two-bit yells, picks me up and throws me directly at Dally. Dally caught me then let me slowly into the water, I gave him a soft kiss. 

"Get a room," Pony says. Dally and I just laugh. We all swam for a bit, then got out and ate lunch. Which consisted of sandwiches, beer and iced tea, and some chocolate cake, it was the perfect lunch. 

We all talked amongst each other, Dally kept slyly flirting with me, which would earn groans from everyone. I would just laugh it off. We all jumped back in the water, upon inspection we found an old rope swing. Two-bit and Steve did flips off of the rope swing, while the rest of us just kind of jumped. We all swam and splashed each other. I got out for a swig of beer, when I put the bottle down, Dal swept me up and jumped into the water. I smacked him on the arm once we reach the surface. "Dal, you scared me!" I laughed.

"Doll, I have something to ask you,"

"And what would that  be?" I said

"Will you be mine?"

"Yes, Dal, I will!" I said, it hadn't crossed my mind that we weren't even boyfriend and girlfriend yet.

"I love you y/n,"

"I love you too Dal,"

That was the story of how Dal and I went from hating to love each other.

THE END...