Four: Operation: Save Miko

"First, you have to tell me how you plan on finding this Energon? You have no vehicular form, no prior knowledge of Energon deposits, and no tools to find them," Ratchet pointed out.

"I'll let my sense of smell lead me to it. I just gotta get a whiff of whatever Energon you have here in order to track it down," Sunbeam explained with a playful wink.

"You have a sense of smell?" Ratchet asked.

"Yeah, and I thought you had a sense of hearing. Do you want me to be louder?" Sunbeam teased.

"Do you want me to help you or not?" Ratchet deadpanned. Sunbeam laughed a little.

"Sorry. Now let's get crackin'!" She exclaimed.

"Calm down. Don't get ahead of yourself. First, you have to prove that you can really use your sense of smell to track things. Smell this," Ratchet stated, taking a random tool off of his desk and handing it to Sunbeam. She sniffed it, covered her eyes, and Ratchet hid it to find. "Okay, go find it." Sunbeam nodded and rushed to find the hidden object.

"Why're you playing 'Where's Waldo' with the newbie?" Arcee asked.

"She says she has an extremely good sense of smell. I thought I'd test it out," Ratchet explained.

"Fine by me," Arcee replied with a shrug as she walked away.

"Found it!" Sunbeam called, showing off that she found the tool before accidentally dropping it and breaking it on the floor.

"I needed that!" Ratchet screeched.

"Sorry!" Sunbeam apologized before picking up the broken item and returning it to Ratchet.

"Good job. You pulled a Bulkhead," Arcee remarked.

"You said you'd never say that again," Bulkhead pointed out with an emotionally hurt glare that didn't match his tone of voice at all.

"My mistake," Arcee responded with a shrug.

"I really am sorry...but, this proves I can sniff stuff out, right?! I can do it! Besides, those con things you're worried about won't be a problem!" Sunbeam exclaimed.

"I'm still not sure if it's a good idea. You could be seen. The fact still stands that you have no vehicular form, and no way of communicating with us outside of our base," Ratchet pointed out.

"Okay, so how do I get a vehicular form?" Sunbeam asked.

"You have to scan a vehicle," Ratchet explained.

"Then that's what I'll do!" Sunbeam exclaimed. "Just...tell me how to do that..."

"I'm very busy. Ask someone else," Ratchet insisted.

"Right...hey Arcee! Can you teach me how to transform like you guys?!" Sunbeam questioned.

"Uh...sure. Come with me," Arcee agreed, waving for Sunbeam to follow her. Sunbeam grinned over at Ratchet and gave him two thumbs up, and actually got one in return.

"See those cars over on the street?" Arcee pointed to some cars pulling into a gas station just in Jasper's city limits.

"Yeah! What about 'em?" Sunbeam wondered aloud.

"You can scan one," Arcee explained how to scan vehicles to Sunbeam. "Understand?"

"Yeah! I think..." Sunbeam confirmed before doing exactly as she was told. She scanned a small dune buggy and attempted to transform. It didn't work. "I don't think I'm doing this right..."

"You scanned the car, right?" Arcee asked.

"Yeah, but I can't transform into it. I don't know how," Sunbeam admitted. Arcee huffed and explained how to transform.