Twenty Four: Aogashima Island

Sunbeam was pacing back and forth, excited for the kids to show up so that they could all leave.

"Stop pacing," Ratchet suggested. "It's making me nervous." Sunbeam laughed.

"You sound like June," she responded.

"Who sounds like me?" June asked as she and the kids entered the base.

"Finally! Do you guys got everything?" Sunbeam asked.

"No," Jack deadpanned as he showed off his duffle bag.

"Funny," Sunbeam replied sarcastically before chuckling a little. Ratchet opened the groundbridge, and the group went through it.

"Whoa! It's night already!" Sunbeam exclaimed as they exited the ground bridge.

"Yep! When it's daytime in America, it's nighttime here. Pretty crazy, huh?" Miko pointed out.

"Yeah! Plus, that means we get to see the sky sooner!" Sunbeam agreed with an excited nod.

"I'm gonna take some good pictures that we can add to the poster!" Miko decided aloud before climbing over a hill and into a small clearing where she could take pictures of the stars. The rest of the group quickly followed.

"Wow! The night skies here really are pretty," Raf admitted.

"No kidding. It's almost like you're out in space," Jack confirmed.

"I've never seen so many stars..." Sunbeam stated.

"I've never seen such a clear sky on this planet," Ratchet added.

"Do you think there's more friends out there somewhere?" Sunbeam asked.

"I would hope so. Otherwise, that would mean we suffered far more losses than we originally believed," Ratchet replied.

"I'm talkin' about the ones who were killed. Do ya think they're in the stars somewhere? Safe?" Sunbeam responded with a smile.

"Maybe," Ratchet offered.

"Well, I think that one's definitely that Optimus guy everyone talks about sometimes!" Sunbeam suggested, pointing at a bright blue star.

"You think so?" Ratchet questioned. Sunbeam nodded confidently.

"I know so!" She confirmed with a bright grin.

"Well, then, I won't argue," Ratchet agreed, ruffling Sunbeam's hair. She laughed loudly.

"I wouldn't listen even if you did," she remarked.

"Then you haven't changed at all," Ratchet retorted.

"Nope!"

The next morning, June and the kids went to interview people in a nearby village while Sunbeam and Ratchet did their best to stay hidden.

"You could've gone with them, you know," Ratchet pointed out. Sunbeam shook her head.

"I didn't wanna leave you all alone," she replied.

"I can take care of myself," Ratchet insisted.

"I know. But, you'd be lonely if ya were here by yerself. Besides, ya ain't gettin' rid of me that easy, 'member?"

"You really should've gone with them," Ratchet mumbled with a huff. Sunbeam laughed.

"Haha no. I prefer to be with you. I don't really do well with humans...except the kids..."

"I suppose that's true."

"Ooh! Let's play a game!" Sunbeam's eyes practically sparkled with excitement.

"How did I know you were going to say that...?" Ratchet groaned.