Twenty Two: Completion

"So what am I supposed to do?!" Sunbeam asked loudly, practically in tears.

"Get your coats and best campin' gear, 'cause we're goin' on a trip!" Sunbeam exclaimed.

"Really?!" The kids asked excitedly.

——
Are you sure about this...?" Sunbeam asked as she and Miko sat on a specially made gurney for Autobots.

"Abso-freakin'-lutely! Ready the speed gun guys!" Miko exclaimed.

"It's ready, Miko!" Jack confirmed, raising a thumb into the air. Sunbeam pushed the gurney away from the wall, causing it to roll at amazing speed into the far wall with a loud crash!.

"Will you kids quit fooling around with my equipment?! They're not toys!" Ratchet shouted. The kids and Sunbeam just laughed.

——
"Hello?! Is anybody there?! Answer me!" Sunbeam called in a devastating, pleading scream.

"There's no way anyone could've survived..." Ratchet pointed out.

"No...no way...someone had to have survived! I just have to find 'em," Sunbeam denied before beginning to dig through the ash and dust.

——
"Hmm...yes. You're picking up on this quite well...this'll be easier than I thought."

"Awesome! I can't wait to tell Starscream!"

"Oh, yes...you see him as a friend..."

"Uh huh!" Sunbeam grinned.

"Just be sure to proceed with caution. You never know what he could be planning."

"Yes, sir!"

"Don't call me that...it makes me feel old..." Sunbeam laughed.

"But, you are old." Ratchet huffed and turned away from Sunbeam, who laughed more and put a hand on his arm. "C'mon, don't be mad! I'm just joking!"

"Well, you should learn to respect your elders," Ratchet remarked, causing Sunbeam to laugh even more.

"I'll remember that when I'm a mother!"

——
"Hey, kids! Wanna play?!" Sunbeam asked before transforming into a dog.

Sunbeam, the kids, and the Autobots played for hours, until they were completely worn out. The kids had gotten permission to stay the night, so they simply went to bed, and Sunbeam sat watching over them in her dog form, using Raf's forehead as a pillow.

"Looks like nothing's getting them," Arcee joked.

"Oh please, she'd probably just try to hug them to death," Ratchet responded.

"Hey, as long as it works, who's complaining?" Arcee stated with a shrug. "Which reminds me, I'm gonna borrow Sunbeam for a bit tomorrow."

——
"I didn't. At least, 'till Raf gave me one. What do you think the kids are up to?"

"Sleeping, I would hope. It's one o'clock in the morning."

"Okay, smarty pants! I mean during the day, when they ain't here."

"They're in school."

"Yeah, but don't ya ever wonder what they're doin' in school?"

"Not really. I did get involved with their schoolwork, and that apparently didn't end well."

"What happened?"

Ratchet proceeded to tell the story of the kids and their science fair. Sunbeam listened intently, and laughed out loud when he explained how the projects failed, even though he thought they were perfect. By the end of the story, Ratchet was chuckling at himself, and Sunbeam was rolling with laughter.

"Man, that woulda been fun to see! Maybe we could do one of those science things!"

"Preferably not."

"Can ya at least teach me how ya made Raf's volcano?"

"Absolutely not!" Ratchet exclaimed. Sunbeam laughed.

Ratchet placed a comforting hand on Sunbeam's head.

"Just keep being you," Ratchet said simply. Sunbeam looked at him in bewilderment.

"What does that mean?!" Sunbeam questioned.

"Way to ruin it!" Ratchet responded. Sunbeam burst into laughter.

"That's what I do best!" Ratchet huffed.

"Let's just get to sleep. I've been awake all night."

"Aww, you waited up for me!" Sunbeam exclaimed in a mockingly high pitched voice.

"Don't go getting used to it!" Ratchet responded. Sunbeam laughed again.

The next day, the kids, Sunbeam, and the Predicons managed to finish their project, and even added another large stone to add names to later. Though, they did have to restart on a few of them, since putting "The Fallen" as a header for them probably wasn't a good idea.

"Alright! Now all we gotta do is show Ratchet and Shockwave!" Sunbeam exclaimed happily.

"Although, perhaps we should wait until-" Predaking started.

"Hey Ratchet! Shockwave! Get out here!" Sunbeam yelled, running back into the base.

"Or...maybe not..." Predaking remarked.

"What is it now?" Ratchet asked as Sunbeam grabbed his hand and led him outside.

"Ta-da!" Sunbeam suggested, pointing at all of the tall remembrance stones.

"Did you all build this?" Ratchet asked in shock. The kids and Sunbeam nodded.

"Yep! And the dragon friends were real helpful, too!" Sunbeam admitted.

"Turns out carving stone by hand is a lot harder than it seems in movies..." Miko stated.

"We also have extra pillars set up in case we need to add more names," Raf added.

"This is incredible..." Ratchet muttered.

"Yeah, it is," Jack agreed.

"But, how'd you get all of these names?" Ratchet asked. Sunbeam laughed nervously.

"That's not important. Don't even worry about it."