Six: Transformation

"Are you sure about this...?" Sunbeam asked as she and Miko sat on a specially made gurney for Autobots.

"Abso-freakin'-lutely! Ready the speed gun guys!" Miko exclaimed.

"It's ready, Miko!" Jack confirmed, raising a thumb into the air. Sunbeam pushed the gurney away from the wall, causing it to roll at amazing speed into the far wall with a loud crash!.

"Will you kids quit fooling around with my equipment?! They're not toys!" Ratchet shouted. The kids and Sunbeam just laughed before Sunbeam yelped in pain and clutched her wound.

"Okay, that hurt," she muttered.

"It wouldn't hurt so much if you'd just listen when I say not to do anything to put stress on your body!" Ratchet scolded Sunbeam, who shrugged it off.

"It'll be fine. 'Sides, at least the kids're havin' fun! I'll rest when they go home," Sunbeam pointed out.

"Let's do it again!" Miko exclaimed.

"That's probably not a good idea, Miko," Jack admitted.

"Whatever. Let's find something else to do!" Miko insisted. The kids ended up playing video games together while Sunbeam watched and cheered them on from the sidelines.

After a short while, Sunbeam heard someone open a door and walk into the base. She took a position between the kids and the door, preparing to protect them from whatever came through the door.

"I brought you kids lunch, since I figured you hadn't- well hello," June Darby said. Sunbeam didn't answer. She just looked on in a mix of confusion and fear because she didn't understand why she was so afraid of someone who looked and smelled like Jack. "What's your name?"

"Mom, this is Sunbeam. She's new, and isn't used to humans yet. She only likes us because we're not adults," Jack introduced the bot to his mom.

"Nice to meet you. I trust you've been keeping my son and his friends out of trouble?" June asked with a smile.

"Please, she's caused more problems than she's solved," Ratchet remarked.

"Don't mind him. So, what's your deal? Are you from Cybertron like our friend Ratchet, here?" June wondered aloud. Sunbeam sheepishly shook her head.

"N-No ma'am..." she answered.

"Ma'am?!" The kids questioned.

"No need to be so formal. Just call me June. I'm Jack's mom," June suggested.

"Alright then...June...that's a pretty name," Sunbeam admitted.

"Well thanks! Anyway, I have to head back to work, but I'll see you when I get off," June stated.

"Bye!" The kids waved to June, and she left.

"So...that's your mom, huh?" Sunbeam asked Jack teasingly.

"Don't even think about it," Jack ordered. Sunbeam just laughed.

"Don't worry, I'm still not used to adults anyway, so it'd be a cold day in the underworld if I actually spoke to her," Sunbeam admitted nervously.

"Hey, Sunbeam! Have you ever been to a concert?!" Miko questioned.

"No," Sunbeam shook her head.

"Then today's your lucky day! You get to witness our first real concert!" Miko exclaimed.

"Wow! This is such an honor!" Sunbeam shouted in excitement.

"Uh...but we don't even have any songs yet..." Raf pointed out.