Chapter 3

Stiles was now in his third year at the university, going onto his fourth. He and Katrina had been together for almost a year and a half. Everything was great, prefect even. They were happy and life was going great, Katrina had become part of the pack. Part of the family.

Stiles had planned it weeks before. He asked and got the ring from his dad, he talked to the pack and decided he would film it and have it auto send directly to them so they could see her answer first.

He decided to do it while they were on vacation to take a break from school and have some times alone. It was going to be perfect, the plan was perfect.

___________________________________

It all happened so fast no one knew what to do. The auto send had worked. The pack was the first to watch the video. When they first saw it had arrived they were so excited.

Everyone gathered around the television where they had decided to play it on. It was supposed to be a memorable moment and I guess it was.

The video started off great they were so happy for their friend, he deserved it. They saw Stiles put the ring around her neck. They saw him out the phone on the chair facing him. They heard the crowd cheer a congratulations to the couple. They heard him oder the drinks. Then they heard the gun shots.

They were out of nowhere, and so sudden. They saw Stiles duck. They saw him fall into the pool. They heard him call out for Katrina. Then they saw him get shot. They were so scared for their friends and kept watching intently.

They saw Stiles limp towards the beach still calling Katrina's name. They heard Katrina call out for Mitch. Then they saw her get shot. They heard Stiles yell. They saw him limp to her then get shot again in the shoulder. 

They saw the man come up behind Katrina and shoot again in the back with the small smile on his face. They saw as Stiles watched him do it. They saw Stiles crawl to her, reaching out. Then the phone took a bullet and the screen went black, leaving the pack in silent and in tears.

Lydia had a feeling earlier that day and throughout the day the feeling kept getting stronger. The feelings of needing to scream. She didn't know who it was for and she didn't want to ruin the moment so she decided on keeping to herself until she actually screamed, but the scream never came.

After watching the video and not screaming Lydia was glad. She hadn't screamed but the feeling was still there. Someone was going to die, and someone did. Lots of people did.

That night they watched the news as they went over the story. They had put up a list of those who had died or where in critical condition. Everyone in town was watching it feeling saddened by the terrorist attack.

The list was long, there were many casualties. They went in alphabetical order and everyone watched as Katrina's name came across the screen. What they didn't expect to see was the name 'Stiles Stilinski'.

They weren't sure what had happened to Stiles but they figured if Lydia hadn't screamed then he was alive and that all that mattered. Now watching the news, they were confused but the sadness, grief, and slight anger over powered that confusion.

They held a funeral for both Stiles and Katrina, Stiles body mysteriously not found, and buried them side by side right next to Stiles mother. They had put the Stilinski name along with Katrina's last name to show that she was a part of the family, even if they never got to make it official.

___________________________________

It had been almost two years since that day and nothing was ever really the same, it would never be the same without Stiles. Noah had definitely taken it the hardest, but what parent wouldn't. The child is supposed to outlive the parent, not the other way around.

The first few nights he'd slipped back into old habits. Drinking all day every day. Scott and Mellisa saw this and helped Noah get out of the rough patch, knowing Stiles wouldn't want that for his father.

After that night Mellisa and Scott had helped Noah out a lot more, especially Mellisa. When it had finally hit the one year mark without Stiles everyone realized he wasn't coming back. They knew he wasn't coming back but somehow one year made it more real.

About a month or two after the one year Mellisa and Noah got together. Everyone was so happy for them both, they'd all been secretly rooting for them. Scott and Stiles being their number one supporters.

The rest of the pack all coped in their own way. Derek wanted to be alone, Scott was with his mother and Kira, Isaac stayed with Jackson and Ethan not wanting to be alone at all, Liam, Hayden, and Mason didn't take it too hard because they hadn't known Stiles for as long as the rest of them but it still hurt a lot to lose a pack member, a part of your family.

Malia and Peter also wanted to be alone but Peter occasionally tried to console Malia which only worked sometimes. Lydia was alone. She had thought about that day over and over again thinking maybe she could have done something but a part of her knew there was nothing she could do.

It took about a month or two to for everyone to grieve in their own way. When everyone felt good enough they held a pack meeting deciding to be together for a while. They decided that now each monthly meeting with everyone would be spent talking to Stiles and Katrina in the graveyard, then they'd gather at the Stilinski household to talk some more.

They started this a few months before the one year mark and when the mark hit, it was a tough day for all of the pack.

After the first few months of the second year things started going back to normal, well as normal as they could be. They still had the occasional threat here and there but nothing ever too major. Every time a new threat came they thought back to Stiles.

Everyone, even Stiles, had thought that if he were ever going to die that it would be at the hands of something supernatural. It was their life so it came as a shock when he died at the hands of humans. 

When you're stuck in a world constantly roaming with supernaturals you forget about the things around you. You forget that even tough the supernatural is treacherous, humans can be just as dangerous.

___________________________________

Hope you liked this chapter.
See ya'll next time, much love💕✌️