Chapter 17

I just wanted to break your hearts, not mine. 😭

___________________________________

It had been only about 10 minutes of Mitch just crying into his father's chest but it felt as though he had been crying for an eternity. Everyone was holding on to each other as well, at the loss of their pack member and second father to most.

Stan walked up behind Mitch with Annika next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Mitch turned let go of his father and turned towards Stan who said "You still got us." but that sent Mitch over the edge.

"No. N-No." Mitch stood up from the ground with shaky legs and pushed Stan arm off of his shoulder. When Stan spoke those words Mitch automatically thought back to his mother's funeral.

He was staring down at the casket when his father placed a hand on his 8 year old shoulder. He turned back and his father spoke those words "You still got me." Mitch could practically hear them, echoing in his head.

Those words where haunting and as if the moment couldn't get any worse he could hear Allison say "I love you Scott Mc- Scott McCall." along with his dad's words, echoing in his mind. Then it was his mother "He's trying to kill me!"

Mitch got to his breaking point when he heard Katrina screaming to him "Mitch!", and then Annika "I want to see my family Mitch..." Mitch held his head, covering ears and shutting his eyes so tightly, trying to keep out the noises. The voices.

"No. No. N-No. Shut up. Please, shut up. Stop it. Make it stop. Please, just make it STOP." Mitch yelled out loud. The others could see Mitch starting to hyperventilate. It was as if Mitch just couldn't catch a breath.

Mitch brought a hand up to his chest as his breaths grew shorter and shorter. Scott knew exactly what was happening 'Panic Attack'. Mitch could see the pack, Annika, Stan, everyone running towards him at once. All with the same worried and saddened expressions.

Mitch shook his head, he couldn't handle all of them at once. He was falling apart and he couldn't be with them. So before any of them could reach him he sprinted away towards his car. When he got there he reached into his wet jean pocket to find his keys still there.

He quickly opened his car and got inside, putting the keys in the ignition, and starting the car before driving. He wasn't sure where he was going but he knew he had to get away from everyone on that beach.

He couldn't focus on the road all that much as he drove, the voices in his head just kept getting louder, his headache kept pounding harder, and he was shaking so much. He closed his eyes for only a few seconds to try to clear his head, only for a few seconds.

When he opened his eyes he saw the deer in the middle of the road and immediately swerved to try and stop the car from hitting it. He barely missed it when he went flipping down a trench before hitting a tree, getting knocked out in the process.

The pack, Annika, and Stan had tried following Mitch to see where he was going and if he was safe. They saw his car's lights shining dimly through the trees as they approached the sight of the crash only 10 minutes after it happened.

They found Mitch in the car and called the ambulance immediately. It arrived about 15 minutes later, seeing as they were a bit farther away from Beacon Hills Hospital, and when they took Mitch they only let Annika in with him while the others followed behind.

___________________________________

On the way to the hospital Mitch's heart stopped twice before finally arriving. The next time anyone saw Mitch was the next say during visiting hours seeing as it was around 2 in the morning when they had arrived.

Instead of going home though, everyone stayed in the waiting room and slept on the chairs or the floor. Anywhere they could find whether it was comfortable of not. Most woke up around '9 am' but they all waited to go in together.

When everyone was awake they all followed Melissa, who walked gloomily, towards Mitch's room. When they looked at Melissa everyone knew it wasn't going to be pretty. As they made it to the door almost everyone's breaths hitched.

When Melissa opened the door they saw Mitch, laying on a hospital bed, bruised and scarred and stitched. As they walked in they saw he had a breathing tube and wires and other tubes were all around him.

They could barely handle the sight, yet somehow the thing that really broke their hearts even more was when Melissa spoke "Where is Noah? Have you told him about Mitch? He must be worried sick."

In that moment they all realized that Melissa didn't know, no one did besides them. As they looked around the room, they saw that everyone was dreading telling her, the one who was like a second mother to most of them, that her husband died only a few hours ago.

That they told some of the paramedics and that his body was sitting just a few floors down in the morgue. How could they do that? They looked around the room at each other, every single one of their eyes filled with tears.

They looked for a few more minutes in silence and could feel the worry growing from Melissa as she noticed their solemn looks. "Scott?" she said in a small voice. Scott closed his eyes for a minute, the tears escaping, and took a deep breath.

When he opened them he looked back at his everyone and nodded and glanced at Mitch before taking a hold of his mother's hand and, with Kira following just behind, he pulled her out into the hall to tell her the sad news.

Everyone watched through the small glass window on the door as Scott and Kira told Melissa that Noah had died. They expected the crying and the disbelief and the denial. THey expected it because they had all experienced it.

What they didn't expect was the feeling they got when they heard Melissa's screams and sobs. Those heart breaking screams that caused them so much pain. They heard the pain. The sadness. The heartbreak.

In that moment they all wished they couldn't hear anything. They wished they could turn back time. To before Mitch crashed and Noah was shot and Katina died. They wished none of this heartbreak and absolute crushing feeling of pain had ever fucking happened.

___________________________________

I- ✋🏼🤧😭
Much love. 💕✌️