❈Xingqiu❈

﹁              

               ﹂╔═

               ﹂
╔═.✾. ═════════════
I made my way to the small stall that my family owned. I set up the fruits and vegetables accordingly. Once that was done I stood behind the stall and shifted foot to foot. It's going to be a long day and then I have to make it back to my home farm before dark. People came and went, a lot of them passing by without a word. It was a slow day so I decided to read the book I brought with me. It was a fantasy novel about great warriors who have to go on a heist. It was enthralling to say the least. I was so into the book I didn't notice the guy standing in front of my family's stall.

"Six of Crows, huh," The guy said, startling me. I quickly shut the book and blushed with embarrassment. "I haven't read that book before."

"I'm so sorry," I apologized. "Would you like any fruit?"

I finally got a good look on the guy and he looked very unique. He wore fine looking clothes, that of someone with a little wealth along with frilly sleeves and shorts. His hair was chopped at an angle and he was giving me a sweet looking smile with a slight sparkle in his eyes. Very unique indeed.

"I was just checking around, but the book you're reading has piqued my interest," He explained. "My name is Xingqiu."

"I'm (y/n)," I introduced with a shy smile. "This is one of my favorite books."

"Would you mind if I borrowed it?" Xingqiu asked, tilting his head to the left slightly. My eyes widened it and I felt concerned. Most of the time when someone asked to borrow something it's not usually returned. Yet the shine in this guy's eyes made me feel...calm. Like he was trustworthy. I nodded and handed him the book, I've read it before so it won't be a big deal.

"As long as you promise to return it," I said happily. I mean he's cute so...

He nodded back at me, his nose already in the book, "Thank you." Xingqiu walked away and the day was normal from there. I noticed that the sun was dipping down a bit too far and that I needed to pack up the remaining fruits and vegetables and get home. Once I got onto the trail home I noticed sunset was falling faster than I anticipated and fear started to chill my bones. If I don't get home fast enough, hilichurls aren't the only thing I'm gonna have to be worried about.

I was close, oh so close to home. Yet these stupid hilichurls decided it would be a splendid time to set up a camp right in my way. I looked for another way there, but I was surrounded by cliffs.

"There you are!" A familiar voice piped up. I turned around and the familiar head of a dark shade of blue hair. "I've come to return your book."

"Oh, thank you!" I said with a tired smile. He handed me back the book and he seemed to notice the camp that was set up near the path.

"Do you need some help?" He asked.

"Uhm, maybe..." I laughed sheepishly. He gave me a smile and patted my shoulder. Then he walked over to the hilichurls and sliced them up quickly and efficiently. I was surprised to learn that he was a master with his sword and he held a hydro vision. His fighting style was beautiful. He was very graceful with his flips and stabs. Once Xingqiu was finished he walked over to me.

"I'll walk you home," He stated. "In case you run into more trouble."

"Oh, you don't have to," I waved my hands. "It's real close."

"No worries," Xingqiu smiled. "I don't mind it."

"Well all right then," I gave in. "But then how about you stay for dinner?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✨

"Such a nice young man," My mother cooed after I explained to her what happened.

"Dinner's ready!" My father alerted, not yet meeting Xingqiu. We all sat down at the table as father set it. When he saw Xingqiu his eyes widened. "You're the hair of the Feiyun Commerce Guild!" I stared wide eyed at the bluenette sitting next to me. No wonder his clothes looked so fancy.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked in surprise.

"You didn't ask," He shrugged. "Please don't treat me any differently than a friend of your daughters." My mother seemed to not mind, yet my father seemed like he was having a hard time grasping the fact.

"Did you enjoy the book?" I asked, changing the subject.

"It was interesting," Xingqiu replied.

"It's one of my favorite books," I smiled.

"Aren't they adorable?" I overheard my mother whisper to father.

I blushed and averted my eyes down to my plate of food. It was radish veggie soup and it was delicious. I took a couple sips and mother decided to ask Xingqiu some questions. One of them being if he's interested in marrying.

"MOM!" I shouted covering my face. Xingqiu just chuckled lightly.

"It was nice having dinner with you Mr and Mrs. (L/n)," Xingqiu said standing up. "But I should go now."

"You should stay the night," My mother argued. "It's too dangerous to go alone at night."

"We don't have an extra room but-"

I cut my father off, "You can take my room."

"I couldn't," Xingqiu stated.

"I'll let you borrow the sequel if you do," I offered with a smirk.

He looked at me and let out a small smile, "Then again, I don't think they'll mind me gone for a night."
╚═════════════.✾. ═