❈Venti❈

✦ Requested by SixerConstell , omg you requested this over a month ago T_T. If this doesn't fit what you wanted please tell me and I'll try to make another one, but honestly I'm proud of the ending. ✦

﹂

╔═.✾. ═════════════
I walked around the marketplace in Mondstat. I was currently getting a snack for myself since I had enough money to spoil myself. I stared at the fruit in front of me and my eyebrows furrowed as I wasn't sure what I wanted at the moment. Looking around I noticed that only one other person was looking at the same stall as I and boy was he kinda cute. Following his gaze I noticed that he was staring at the bright red apples on display. With that my mind was made up.

"Two apples," I whispered also showing the number two with my fingers along with pointing at the apples. You see I'm deaf, I haven't always been so I know how to speak. Yet lately I've been less confident in my voice, slowly forgetting the correct syllables and what they even sound like. But this also means that I was able to learn how to read others lips.

"That would be 20 mora," They said slowly. People were aware of my disability so they would speak slower around me so I could read their lips more easily. I nodded and handed them the money. Waving after taking the apples I walked up to the bard who was now staring at me.

"For you," I said, handing him the apple.

His eyes widened and his smile seemed to beam brighter, "Why thank you, what-" and the rest I couldn't make out. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Speak slower, please," I said with a shy smile. "I can't hear."

When I said this he now became confused. I looked over towards the stall owner who we were still near. Having seen our entire interaction the stall owner explained for me what the problem was. The unknown bard seemed to have understood as he shyly smiled.

"Sorry about that," He said slower.

I shook my head, "You didn't know, it's okay."

"I was wondering what your name is," He said. "Mine is Venti.

"I am (y/n)," I replied.

"How can I repay you?" He asked, pointing to the apple.

"No need," I smiled.

Venti looked down, his hand coming up to rub his chin in thought. At that moment I was wondering about what could possibly be going on in his head. Looking up at me once more with a giant grin painted on his face.

"I have just the idea," He spoke out. Grabbing my hand he brought me outside of Mondstadt's walls. He took me in the direction of Starsnatch Cliff. It was a nice day out. The sun feeling gently warm against my skin. The feeling of Venti's soft hand intertwined with mine kept my heart beating faster than normal. The bright world around me was breathtaking. I normally don't have time to admire the world like I'm doing at the moment. Typically I'm too busy trying to work to sustain myself.

Plus when I lost my sense of hearing I fell into depression. The thought of never being able to hear even the simplest of noises felt like I was losing a whole world. Yet now, I realize that even without hearing, I still have many ways that I'm connected to the world.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✨

Venti looked back at his current companion. He would typically repay people's kindness with a tune that only a master bard could provide, yet this situation wasn't a typical one. So instead of singing (y/n) a ballade, he choose the second best thing. Bringing her out to Starsnatch Cliff. It overlooked most of Mondstadt along with an excellent view of the ocean. Not to mention the Cecelia flowers grew here.

As he stared at them his chest felt warmer. They looked so entranced as they sat near the edge of the cliff. Plucking a flower Venti brought it up to (y/n).

"For you dear," Venti smiled. "A flower that nearly rivals your beauty."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✨

I couldn't help but feel my cheeks heat up at the gesture. From what started out as a friendly gesture that stemmed from curiosity, it quickly turned into something more romantic. At least I think so. I mean come on now. I gently grabbed the flower, it's white petals soft to the touch. My heart kept pounding faster and faster as the words I read off his lips replayed in my head.

Did I misread them? Maybe he said something entirely different and I just read what I wanted to see. How dumb am I to think this cute bard would say something so dastardly sweet to someone he just met. Do I truly feel that lonely? If only I could hear what he truly said. Or am I overreacting? Maybe he said exactly that.

"Could you say that again?" I asked out. "I-I think I misread you."

"I said you're more beautiful than any flower that I've seen," He replied slower, a small grin settling on his lips.

I didn't say anything as I made an O.O face, my mind was working in overtime trying to comprehend what was happening. I felt the world get hotter as I tried to calm myself down.

"Well you're better to look at than any cliffside view," I said, stumbling over my words. I buried my face in my hands as I thought that was the stupidest sentence I've ever said ever.

Yet those same smooth hands I felt earlier parted my own hands away from my face, causing me to look up at the green clad bard. Venti held a grin on his face, his own pale cheeks a tint of rose and his eyes squinted shut.

Woops, I think I fell in love.
╚═════════════.✾. ═